tattoos

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Plus-size clothing buys

As a plus-size girl, finding clothes that are fashionable can be a pain in the arse, especially when I need to feel comfortable in what I'm wearing. I don't mean clothes that are comfortable, I mean my self-perception. Basically, if I don't feel like an alien, then I'm good :)

I have found some fabulous blogs recently aimed specifically at plus-size fashion and they've inspired me to be more confident in my clothing choices. After a looking on the Simply Be website, I found a ton of stuff I liked and placed an order, so... this is what I've bought recently :)


Navy 'Nautical' style vest/tunic by Frock & Frill - £35.00. I loooooove the ribbon detailing on this. They had it cream too, and I can see myself ordering that version very soon!



Plain white t-shirt with a black lace and ribbon bow off-centre on the collar - £22.00. I bought this purely for the bow detail. I think I'm going to pair it with straight black jeans and a pair of Chanel-esque black and white pumps :) (First image from the Simply Be website, but the second is mine)




Blue ditsy floral print camisole - £21.00. I love this. It will see me through the spring with a pretty cardigan or layered over a plain top, and then wear as it is during summer :)



I bought a lovely cardigan, but it's more black than navy so I have to send it back. I think I'll exchange it for a cream one maybe? Or there's a lovely cobalt blue cardigan on the that I like aswell. I bought some other things too but they haven't arrived yet - looking forward to when they do!

I've bought from Simply Be before, and have never experienced any problems. The quality is great and the delivery is fairly fast, though some things are a little over-priced. I'm really happy with everything I bought though, with my favourite item being the first nautical style top.


I also bought a new handbag recently. Well it was a month ago now, but I realised I haven't shown you.


 It's by Florence & Fred @ Tesco, and it was £15. I saw it in a magazine in red, but  I could only see them in black in the store. I wanted a new bag for work, so thought black would be better than red anyway. As we were going down the trolley travelator thing on our way to pay for the black one, I noticed a girl hiding this teal one. As soon as I got to the bottom I went straight back up and grabbed the one she hid. I wasn't purposely being a bitch, but my work uniform is teal. Sorry, but if you snooze, you lose!


I love the gold studs against the teal, and I quite like the tassle - though I don't think I can ever look at it without picturing my friend trying to make a nipple tassle from it! haha


If you're a plus-size girl and would like some inspiration, check out these fantastic blogs:


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger