tattoos

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Review : Garnier Caffeine Anti-Dark Circles 2 in 1

I was sent the Garnier Tinted Eye Roll On a few weeks ago and have been trialling it everyday since. I thought it was about time I let you guys know what I thought about it :)


What do Garnier Say?
Garnier Caffeine Anti-dark Circles 2-in-1 Roll-on is the first ever tinted eye roll-on that works immediately on dark circles, thanks to it's 2-in-1 formula.
The double action formula is enriched with caffeine to refresh and hydrate tired-looking eyes, whilst the mineral enriched pigments covers dark circles in a flash.

What do I think?
I have the original green one and use it often when my eyes are tired in the mornings, so I was really excited to try this product. 


As you can see I have quite bad dark circles, and the only thing that covers them well are thick, almost paste-like concealers, like MAC's Studio Sculpt and Benefit's Boi-ing. I normally apply foundation then concealer, but I've been trialling it by doing my concealer then foundation, because
a) I wanted to test how well the concealer covers my dark circles, without any help from foundation, and
b) I didn't want it to affect any foundation that I had already put on.


The packaging is exactly the same as the original one - curvy bottle with a roll-on applicator - the only difference is one is green and the other is a gold/champagne colour. The first thing I notice about this roll-on is the consistency. It's a very thin, watery concealer - no thick creamy paste here. I was a bit dubious about how well this would cover dark circles because it seems too thin to do anything.

I applied it under my eyes and just like the original, the immediate cooling sensation soothed my skin. Just what I need to perk up my tired eyes in the morning! It applies really easily, one or two rolls under the eyes deposits enough product to cover the under-eye area. I blend it in with my ring finger using patting motions, but you have to work quite quickly as it dries in about a minute.


I was very pleasantly surprised by the results - it covers like a dream! It blended really well and doesn't sit on the skin or settle into any fine lines. Yes, I have lines. At 25 *sob*... but I digress... It didn't look cakey, and foundation applied smoothly over the top of it - though it honestly gives me enough coverage that I don't purposely put any foundation over the top. I can't believe how well this covers considering how thin and watery it is. Super impressive. At the end of the day it still hasn't caked or creased, and there is still a good amount of coverage there. It's not as flawless as it is at the beginning of the day, but then my make up rarely is.


This comes in two shades, Fair and Medium/Dark. For reference, I'm an NC20 in MAC but use a NW15 under my eyes. The Fair shade matches my MAC NC20 skin perfectly, but I think I would prefer it to be a little lighter to brighten up my under-eyes. That is the only drawback to this product I think - the lack of shades. I don't know how the Medium/Dark version would fair with dark-skinned ladies, but I know that anyone with the palest of pale skins would not suit this. To only have two choices in shades is a bit absurd really, when you consider the many different skin tones out there. Maybe something for Garnier to consider in future?

Would I repurchase?
Absolutely, definitely, 100% YES!! Though I like lighter concealers, this covers too brilliantly to discard it. Besides, that problem can be sorted by applying a brightening eye product underneath. I've been liking Benefit's Powderflage to brighten up the area, or even a dab of my normal light concealer over the top does the job. It's excellent for travelling too because it's a 2 in 1 product. Not that I'm a jet-setter or anything, but it's always handy to have travel-friendly products :)

Price?
The RRP for the Garnier tinted eye roll-on is £9.99 and is avaliable exclusively from Boots now, though it will be available nationwide at the end of this week :)

Hope you found this review helpful. I'll leave you with a quick comparison picture - I seriously love this stuff!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger