tattoos

Sunday, July 26, 2009

My favourite kind of shopping spree!

So here is the make up haul that I promised to show you. This is a combination of Friday's shopping trip with the Mothership and yesterday's shopping trip with the fiance.

I picked up two body scrubs in Asda. I love body scrubs, in particular fruity ones. I have tried the shower gel versions of these and they smell gorgeous - good enough to eat! I have a raspberry one already, so I picked up a lemon one and a blueberry one. They're 2 for £5 at the moment so go and have a look. I think the shower gels and body butters were included in the offer too, so you can't go wrong really. The smell delicious and and make my skin lovely and soft afterwards.

Boots have an offer on Urban Decay the moment, so if you buy 2 or more products, you get a little eyeshadow palette with 4 eyeshadows and a cute little brush (worth £13.50) free. I love Urban Decay, it's my favourite brand after MAC, so I was buying stuff anyway (not just for the sake of buying it to have the freebie!)


I got the Get Baked palette, which came with a mini 24/7 eyeliner in Bourbon (one of my favourites!), a miniature sample bottle of Primer Potion in Sin (which I have been dying to try), and 4 eyeshadows - Twice Baked, Half Baked, Baked and Flipside. I already have Flipside as a full size shadow and it's a gorgeous shimmery teal. I wear lots of golds and bronzes too, so I think I'm going to get lots of use out of this palette! I also picked up one of their liquid eyeliners, in the new shade Minx. Oh my, it is gorgeous! I love turquoise and teal eyeliners, so I had to snap this up. I haven't used their liquid liners before, but it seemed really pigmented and easy to work with when I swatched it. I can't wait to try it! I also picked up their Grindhouse sharpener, since I've heard that it works well with their creamy 24/7 eyeliners.


The freebie palette came out at the same time as the deluxe shadow palette, so it has the same purple velvet and chainmail packaging. It has 4 eyeshadows in Straydog, Oil Slick, Midnight Cowboy and... Flipside. Again. So I now have 3 Flipside eyeshadows. Okay, it's a pretty colour, but really... I don't need 3. They have tons of aqua/teal colours, you'd think they'd mix it up a bit for their palettes. The uber-glittery Midnight Cowboy is reserved for Christmas. This is glitter fall out city, and that kind of sparkle is only acceptable during the festive season. I look like a fairy atop the Christmas tree as I'm glittery from head to toe!

I stopped by the Barry M display, which is fast becoming a favourite brand of mine. The stand was practically empty! The nail polishes are 2 for £5, and nearly everything was sold out. Same for the lippies. Although they're not on offer, all the shades I wanted to check out were gone! I picked up shade 53 Coral though, and I love it! It gives a slight frost effect to the lips, so it looked really pretty. I also picked up 2 of their dazzle dusts. I had one before when I was about 15, and it was a hot pink glittery mess. Because of that one, I've been put off these for the longest time. But I thought I'd try out some neutral shades and picked up 39 Tan and 3 Pink Gold.


Tan is nothing like MAC's Tan pigment. It's more of a pale gold - exactly the shade I was after to put all over the lid when I want a simple look with a pop of bright eyeliner. Pink Gold is pink gold, such a gorgeous colour. It reminds me a little bit of Paradisco by MAC. Such a pretty shade. I used it yesterday and it made my blue eyes really stand out. I love it!

Holly blogged about Collection 2000 nail polishes, and in particular the shade Dynasty. It is a nail polish version of my beloved Lavender Whip lipstick, so I had to check it out. They're on offer too, 2 for £3 (yep, £3!) and Holly says they've got fab coverage. I picked up Dynasty and another shade called Couture - a pretty mauvy pink with golden shimmer. I've not tried these yet, but I'm looking forward to it.


And final stop was MAC. I hadn't bought anything from Colour Craft or Naked Honey from the website. The only things I were interested in were sold out, so I popped in to see if they had them left in store. And they did! Woohoo! I wanted a 226 eye brush (there were 2 left) and I wanted the Naked Honey Skin Salve (I had the last one). I'm so chuffed. I'd resigned myself to the fact that it wasn't meant to be again (I missed out on 226 with BBR too). The majority of the Colour Craft collection was sold out though, all except 2 MSF's, 2 blushes, 1 eyeshadow quad, 1 lipstick and 1 lipgloss. The only other thing I might have picked up if they had any left, would have been Triple Fusion MSF. That was pretty... but everything else was a bit blah. Glad I skipped to be honest. I may get Triple Fusion with my next haul though - depends on the cash flow!


Here are some crappy swatches of the make up stuff I bought. All of the eye products are swatched on top of UDPP Original.


Oh, by the way, I need some help! When I was in MAC I saw a beautiful eyeshadow that I forgot to check the name of. It was a peachy/orangey/gold with a pink frost to it. I'm gutted I didn't pick it up and can't work out which shade it is from the descriptions on the site. If you know what shade it is, pleeeeeeeeease comment below. I won't be back in Cardiff for a while and I want... no, I need it now, and want to order it when I'm ordering my Love That Look stuff :) Thanks! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger