tattoos

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Mothership thinks I have a problem...

My Mam and I went shopping to Cardiff today. We were headed out for a girly day as we both got paid and were in desperate need of retail therapy! I didn't have anything in mind (except new work trousers... which I forgot) but I picked up a lot of accessories. The Mothership thinks I have a problem, as I seemed to buy lots of bangles and bracelets. It's my favourite accessory, and the more noise they make, the better! I love layering chunky ones too, for that extra jingle-jangle.

First stop was Accessorize. They have a sale on at the moment so I was eager to check it out. I only bought two things and typically, neither of the items were in the sale! I got this gorgeous oversize bow ring for £8. It's gold but it looks like the bow is tied with lace. I love it!


I also picked up this bangle (shock horror!) because I don't have any pretty gold ones, and the detailing on it is lovely. The crappy picture isn't showing it very well, but it's like a brocade pattern engraved into it. It was £7, so although neither items were in the sale, I think £15 is pretty reasonable.


Next up was Primark. Now, let me explain my feelings for Primark. I hate it! I find the shop itself is too warm, coupled with lots of people pushing and shoving and you've got me wanting to either strange somebody or faint. Then, when you finally get to the clothes, they're either strewn all over the floor or falling off the hangers, so you can't even see everything properly. Nothing in the past has grabbed me as a must-have. The Mothership on the other hand? She's always finding lovely clothes at bargainous prices. I think she dresses fantastically, and whenever I compliment her on an outfit, Primark is always mentioned. I'm guessing she turns into one of the people who elbows their way through to the good stuff!

So I thought that today, since Cardiff seemed a little quieter than usual, I'd give Primark a go. I was armed with my elbowing Mother, so was sure to be a successful shopper! Well I didn't go gaga over any clothes (except the baby clothes, but my Sister-In-Law is expecting - it's allowed!) but I found some lovely accessories.


I got a lovely big gold bag with a bow on the front for a bargainous £5! It's huge too, ideal for shopping days like today. They had it in black aswell, but I already have a similar black one, minus the bow.


I also picked up a pair of shoes. They're sort of wedge-style with a wooden heel and platform, and they have a pretty bow on the front. These were £13 and I was going to get the white ones, but the colour of these ones sucked me in. It's the most amazing corally-pink colour, and I'm on a mission to find a matching lipstick! So pretty.


I picked up some more bangles (!) and some hair accessories too. Yep... more bangles, and more bows! I really do get obsessed with things...



I think this whole accessories spree came to about £40 - bargain or what?!

Then, as the Mothership loves crafty things and makes her own greeting cards, we stopped by HobbyCraft, where I saw these fab little buckets! I had to get them - they've got love hearts with adorable sayings all over them. I didn't know what to use them for at first, but I've decided to put my make up brushes in them. Looks really cute!


I bought some make up bits aswell, but I'm doing a seperate post on the tomorrow because I'm going to town with my fiance, and will probably pick up some more. I hope ;)

As always, sorry the pictures are so rubbish. My camera is back in the country but until my brother transfers his 500+ pictures onto his girlfriends laptop, I won't be using it :( So my awful camera phone it is. You get the idea though, that's the main thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger