tattoos

Friday, July 31, 2009

July 2009 favourites

I can't believe how quickly this month has gone. Where is the time going? Apologies for the (mostly) website images, but here's what I've been loving this month:


Revlon Colorstay Foundation Oily/Combination skin - shade 150 Buff
What a fab foundation! It gives excellent coverage without caking or drying out. I normally wear MAC's NC15-20 and think Buff is a pretty good match. That said, I guess I could go a shade lighter if need be. When I use this, I don't need to touch up through the day, and can cut back on my use of concealer and face powder. I've never experienced that with a foundation before, let alone a drugstore one! Amazing. I love the one for Normal/Dry skin too as it gives a much more dewy finish.


Barry M Lip Paint - 113
This is a pretty sheer pink lipstick with a white frost. It's absolutely gorgeous on its own, but I love applying it on top of other colours to add a sheen without wearing gloss. It is essentially MAC's Bubbles lipstick, but a lot more pink. Although it looks bright and vivid in the tube, the pink isn't as noticable when it is on top of other colours, it just adds a new dimension to your lips. I love pairing it with Barry M Lip Paint, 53 Coral. So gorgeous and summery - not that we've had much of a summer!
Lush Porridge Soap
I've had this for about 3 months, but have been put off using this for the longest time. I bought it because of the hype from MakeUpByTiffanyD and AllThatGlitters21, but everytime I tried to cut a bit off from my huge chunk, it crumbled. Also, it didn't seem to smell as good as I remembered in the shop, but then again there's a mixture of smells going on in Lush. I ran out of my beloved Honey I Washed The Kids soap, so bit the bullet and tried some Porridge. WOW - I'm so glad I did! It is an amazing exfoliator and it actually smells scrumptious once you get it lathered up. It's definitely one of my top 5 soaps from Lush. It lathers up a treat and the oats in it really scrub away dead skin. It's a harsh exfoliator, but it doesn't feel like it... I think it must be because the soap is lubricating it so it just glides along your skin.


Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter
This smells absolutely divine. It's not a clinical lemon scent (like lemon kitchen cleaner), but a fresh lemon scent, like real homemade lemonade. Yum! It's not greasy, so you are able to apply it throughout the day and use your hands as normal. It softens the cuticles in a matter of minutes, and gives a lovely sheen to the nails too, making them look really healthy. And a bonus? It's multi use! It banishes dryness on cuticles, heels, elbows, knees... and can even be used as a lip balm!


Boots Botanics Make Up Remover
I cannot say enough good things about this amazing product. Stubborn waterproof mascara? MAC liquidlast eyeliner? Blacker than black smokey eyes? Removing them is so easy with this. Baby oil used to be the only thing that would remove my mascara, but it left my eyes red and sore afterwards. This doesn't, and I don't get that annoying oily film over my eyes either. Plus it's less than £3. Bargain!

Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in 'Tattle Tale'
I've been using this as a base because my UDPP is a little drying on my lids, and I love it! It's a pale shimmery cream colour, so can be used under any colour eyeshadow, or for lazy days you can wear it alone. Slap a bit of this from lashes to brow, a bit of wedge in the crease and some mascara and viola! A simple, quick, and pretty everyday neutral eye, that you could even jazz up with a coloured eyeliner. Oh, and it really is creaseless.


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eyeliner in 'Electric'
This is my favourite eyeliner EVER, not just for July. I love turquoise and teals on me. You all probably know how fab UD 24/7 liners are by now. They're creamy, super pigmented and come in a wide range of colours. It takes about 30 seconds for them to set, so if you want to smudge your liner a little then you have to work quickly. It's so worth it though. This has little flecks of silver shimmer in, so smudging it out bring a whole new effect. Plus, they're waterproof! Once those bad boys have set, hardly anything can budge them - except my Boots Botanics make up remover, of course ;)

MAC 226 Eye Brush
Okay, so I've only had it a week... but seriously, how did I survive this long without it?! It's really soft so is perfect for blending, but is precise enough to use in the crease or outer-v. It practically does the work for you! I wish I had bought another one now. Ho hum. Fingers crossed MAC will make it permanent soon!


Hope you get a chance to try these out. I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger