tattoos

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Twilight beauty

Hands up who loves Twilight? Hands up who loves make up? Hands up who would love to see some Twilight themed make up? My hand shoots up in response to the first two questions, but I'm not entirely sure that I love the idea of Twilight branded make up. I wasn't too convinced about the MAC Hello Kitty collection. Although the quality was fab (hello? It's MAC!), the packaging just screamed TACKY!! at me. I have a feeling this will do the same. I can't imagine whipping out a Twilight lipstick or something, and that's coming from a huge Twilight fan!

Cristina Bartolucci, founder of the DuWop cosmetics brand, is the lady behind 'Twilight Beauty'. DuWop is famous for it's Lip Venom lip plumper, and they're even releasing a Twilight version of it, called Lip Venom V. It is supposed to look like a tube of blood! It has a shimmering crimson lip stain suspended in it's classic Lip Venom formula, and you're supposed to shake it before using it - to represent the human world and vampire world coming together... clever huh?

Image from www.shop.duwop.com

There are two 'sub-collections' belonging to Twilight Beauty, called 'Luna Twilight' and 'Volturi'.
Luna Twilight is the more glamourous collection of the two, and includes 4 colour palettes inspired by and named after the leading ladies - 'Bella', 'Alice', 'Rosalie' and 'Victoria'. I admit, that sounds exciting!

Image courtesy of Twilight Beauty

The Volturi collection is supposedly a darker collection that features 'Immortal Body Shimmer' (I've always wanted my own sparkling Edward!) and 'Crown Mascara'.
The range is apparently being used in the New Moon movie too. For more info, keep checking www.twilightbeauty.com It hasn't been activated yet, but I should imagine they're timing it for the release of the movie.

Image courtesy of Twilight Beauty

I'm not sure if this is coming to the UK or if it's US only. I may not rush out and buy everything... but I'm definitely intrigued and want to see more! If only they released Edward in a Bottle...

And because I can't do a Twilight post without featuring the drop-dead-gorgeous Edward Cullen aka Robert Pattinson... Yummy!


What do you think? Are you excited or have they taken the Twilight franchise too far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger