tattoos

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Review : NARS Multiple - Orgasm

Whilst in London I bought the NARS Multiple in Orgasm. This is my first ever NARS product - I know, I'm waaay out of the loop - but I wanted to give my thoughts on it, and tell you whether or not it's made me want to buy more from the brand.


I was in Selfridges and I had every intention on buying an eyeshadow palette. There are loads on the NARS website but I wanted to have a little looksie in person to see which colours I liked best. Well, according to the guy on the counter, they had no palettes. None. Zero. Zip. Apparently, they're only released at Christmas time - which I think is a lie because I've seen loads of Bloggers hauling from counters during the year. Hmmm. So I had a little play with some other things instead. I was just about to buy the oh-so-popular Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush when I spotted the Multiples looking pretty and shimmery. I swatched a few and was debating between this one and a bronzing one, so I asked Mr Lollipop to pick. He chose Orgasm because of the sparkles, but I think it was more to do with the name.



What do NARS say?
The original multi-purpose stick for eyes, cheeks, lips and body. Its unique, creamy formula blends effortlessly to provide sheer color for creating shimmering accents, contours or dynamic highlights on all skin tones. Creates perfect, glowing complexions and is conveniently designed for failproof application.
  • The original multifunction color stick
  • Mistake-proof color; quick and easy to apply
  • Sheer, natural finish for eyes, cheeks and lips
 


    What do I say?
    This review is for the multiple as a cheek product as I'm yet to try it on my lips or eyes. I love the packaging, it's so sleek and simple, and because it's a twist up tube it's super easy to use. I apply it straight from the tube onto my cheeks but you could easily sweep your brush over it if that's what you'd prefer. I then like to blend it in with my fingers to help blend it out evenly.

    It feels really smooth and creamy as I'm applying it, but when I start rubbing it with my fingers, it feels a little powdery. This doesn't bother me because it stays creamy enough for me to blend it out, but I get the feeling that once it dries, it'll be a bit harder. It sets really quickly too which is great for when you are in a rush or want to use more products like a powder blush or highlighter over the top. It looks dewy on my cheeks which is exactly the look I love, and the shimmer in this particular Multiple gives me a gorgeous sheen. You all know about Orgasm by now - the colour is a gorgeous peachy-pink and is really easy to wear on most skintones, mine included, whether I'm ghostly pale or have a nice little tan. I love the fact that I can use this year-round, unlike the new 'Multiple Tints' which I can only imagine me using in the Summertime.


    Another thing I like about the Multiple is that it is fairly sheer, but it can be built up so you can control the colour you have. I usually just whack it on because it's a colour you can't really go wrong with, but just one swipe of this across your cheeks will give you a really pretty glow.

    I absolutely adore this product and the only negative thing I can say about it is the price because it's a tad more expensive than what I am used to. I also don't like how the packaging attracts every dirty fingerprint, but I can live with that because it really is a fabulous product. It's not as greasy as a cream blush, not as cakey as a powder blush, it is really versatile and easy to carry in your make up bag because you don't need a seperate brush. I'd even go as far as to say you don't even need a mirror, which is quite a feat. If the rest of the products from NARS are as beautiful as this then I'm definitely going to be showing more of an interest!


    Price?
    The Multiples cost £27.00 and are available from the NARS website, and counters across the UK.


    Would I repurchase?
    Regardless of the price, I really would buy another Multiple. It'd have to be a treat for myself rather than an everyday purchase, but I really love this Multiple and would highly recommend you try one out.


    I hope you found this review helpful. Have you tried the NARS Multiples? I really liked the Tuomota Multiple Bronzer, which I think will be my next purchase.

    xoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    blogger templates | Blogger