tattoos

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wedding pretties

We still haven't officially set a wedding date as we're trying really hard to save up for the deposit for our fabulous venue, but there's no harm in looking at pretty things I think you'll agree!

We've settled for a vintagey-country type of wedding, with lots of pearls, flowers, fairylights, candles, ribbons... that kind of thing. Very pretty, very girly, but also very romantic, which you can't better for a wedding.

So of course, our gorgeous venue. We still adore it. Lots. And lots more. We already refer to it as 'Our Lodge' and whenever we discuss ideas, we have places inside the lodge where we want to set it up and things. It's the perfect backdrop to our vintage wedding.


No vintage wedding would be complete without a lace-detailed wedding dress. I have no idea what style I want or indeed what would suit me (and I need to lose a few pounds before some of these styles could possibly look good on me!) but here are a few ideas that I like:




Mr Lollipop, being half-Scottish, wants to wear a kilt. He wants this one, and no, he doesn't go 'traditional Scotsman' when he's wearing one!


Hair - hmmm, the up vs down debate. I think I want my hair down and curly but a chic updo looks so glam:



And shoes, gotta have me some designer bling on my wedding day:




The wedding ring I like - diamonds are a girls best friend and all that, plus it matches my engagement ring :) I think Mr Lollipop just wants a plain gold band, nothing fancy for him. Tut, he's such a boy!


Cake, nom nom nom. I love the idea of cupcakes/individual cakes - well, what would you expect from me?!



Though I do like this cake, and if it's good enough for my idol Cheryl Cole, it's good enough for me!


Invitations will have a subtle vintage theme, continuing the lace and ribbon scheme:


And my favourite part, flowers:






I could look at flowers and bouquets all day long, I just love them. I'm guessing our colours are a baby/dusky pink with gold/taupe/cream kind of colours jusging by these pictures. I think. Finally, some other pretty decor:




So, those are a few early stage ideas. Sigh... just want it to happen now. Right NOW! I've never been the patient type but seriously, 8 years is taking the michael a little bit! Mr Lollipop keeps reminding me that money doesn't grow on trees...

All images from various places around the internet, mainly Google Images. If one is yours please let me know if you'd like me to remove it :)

Are you planning a wedding or did you have a similar-styled wedding? I'd love to see some pictures!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger