tattoos

Friday, July 30, 2010

"Hang'n In"

We went under an extreme heat advisory yesterday that will be in effect till Monday! Our humidity is out of site and our heat index is supposed to reach 111 to 113 !!!!

I guess there's more than one way to cool off a baby huh?

After humpteen years of trying to grow Holly Hocks I finally succeeded! I got my first blooms yesterday! I took a few pictures of different blooms around the yard and made a collage.........

I loaned out a few of the books I'd read recently so they were not in the last post. I wanted to add them though because they were really good. This book " New Orleans Legacy" by author Alexandra Ripley was wonderful!
She was the author chosen by Margaret Michell's estate to write "Scarlett", the GWTW sequel.


I am also enjoying Karen White's writing. I read this book " Lost Hours " set in Savannah on a horse farm! It is really good!





Another Karen White book, "The House On Tradd Street". It too was an excellent read and I have the sequel, " The Girl on Legare Street" in my TBR stack . These two are set in Charleston!





I am curently reading this book, " Creeker, A Womans Journey", by author Linda Scott DeRosier. Linda's account of growing up in Appalachia ( Two Mile Creek, Kentucky) is turning out to be a wonderful and revealing read!






This is the TBR stack I'm working from. There are all kinds of books here inclucding a couple of Pulitzer's.







Someone sent me this pic in a e-mail. I thought it was so cute, I wanted to share it! I don't text, I don't know how to text and DO NOT intend to learn! HA!








HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE! STAY COOL AND READ A GOOD BOOK!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger