tattoos

Monday, July 26, 2010

Five good things

Hiya everyone, hope you are well and had a good weekend :)

Tomorrow will be a year since my Grampa passed away. It's been a really weird year and I still can't believe he's not here. Whenever we used to visit we'd say goodbye, then as I got to the bottom of the garden and just about to close the gate behind me, he'd call me back. I'd run all the way back in just for him to say goodbye again, and I fell for it everytime. I just keep hearing his voice calling me everytime I leave the house now, but I know he's not there. It feels so empty and quiet without him there. My Gran is still in shock and is missing him tremendously, and it kills us that nothing we can say or do will make her feel better. Her heart is broken. How do you fix that? This seems like a perfect time to concentrate on some good things in life right now, so I'll share my five good things with you :)


1. I had a great weekend. It was my Mother-In-Law's birthday on Saturday so we went to visit her and had a nice little catch up with Mr Lollipop's family. We don't live near them, it's about an hours drive away so it was nice to see everyone and things. My nephew has just learned how to ride his bike without stabilizers so we spent some of the afternoon in the park watching him show off, and it was an opportunity to give my neice an outing in her Toy Story 3 Aliens outfit! So cute. It was also an excuse for birthday cake. Nom!

2. I had two cinema dates with Mr Lollipop over the weekend. We saw Eclipse on Saturday evening and Toy Story 3 yesterday, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm Team Jacob now and Spanish Buzz just cracks me up! With us sharing a house with my parents, it's really hard to get some time to ourselves so it's been fab going on little dates this weekend.

3. My healthy eating is back on track, and I feel great for it. I'm thinking about what I'm eating and whether I'm really hungry now, instead of shovelling something in my mouth because I was bored. I'm making better food choices now and am slightly addicted to frozen bananas. They're absolutely scrumptious!

4. I've got enough empties for 2 Back2MAC's. Woohoo! Very materialistic but I've got my eye on quite a few lipsticks, and you can't beat a freebie or two, can you!

5. It's payday today - what more can I say?!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger