tattoos

Friday, April 9, 2010

Review : Lush Helping Hands hand cream

I'm not really one for hand lotions and creams. My supervisor moisturises her hands after every single time she washes them, but I just can't. I think it's the thought of having greasy hands and not being able to do things. I'm fussy anyway, like I can't drink out of a glass if it is wet on the outside, or it bothers me if I'm peeling veg and the knife handle is wet.... things like that really get on my nerves, so hand creams + me = problems.


This Helping Hands cream was part of one of the Lush gift sets that I received for Christmas. I've had one of these before in another gift set, but because I never got round to using it before the use-by date, it had to be binned. I was determined to get use out of it this time though, and put it to the test for you :)


What do Lush say?
Miracle-working, softening hand cream. You might be a person who thinks that hand cream is merely one more non-essential thing to spend your money on. That would be because you haven't given this a try. Those who work on computers for a living won't believe the difference either. It soothes and softens with a powerful mixture of marigold and lavender; shea butter and almond oil are emollient and we've added softening linseed and glycerine. Give your hands a little help.



What do I think?
Okay, I'll start with the good things. This is a nice consistency. It's nice and rich but isn't too thick, so it spreads easily, and because it's not overly thick you don't need or unintentionally use too much. It does leave a slightly greasy feeling, but I can't decide whether that is the actual product leaving a greasy residue or whether it's because I don't use hand lotions often enough to get used to the feeling of them being on my hands. Regular hand lotion users may not find it greasy, but I felt all clammy and sticky afterwards. I also like the bottle dispenser I had, because it is is small enough to carry in your handbag and the pump dispenses just the right amount of product. I was expecting a bright bubblegum pink lotion like it is on the Lush photo above, but mine wasn't... which made me a little sad. You can't go wrong with some bubblegum pink in your life! But it's just a creamy colour, with just a tiny hint of pink:


Now, I can't tell you how well it moisturises, because here comes the bad part - it smells absolutely minging! Without being too crude, it smells like dog pee, and that's not really something I want to smell of. I had to wash my hands 3 times just to make sure my hands were pee-free! Looking back on the ingredients I think that'd be the marigold I can smell, but whatever it is it's bloody awful! I'm normally pretty good with smells. Even with the most unpleasant of scents, I can usually put up with them for a short while until I'm used to it or the product has served it's purpose, but I couldn't handle this one. I can't even bring myself to use it again, so I'll have to remember to ask The Mothership if she wants to try it. Bleurgh, bleurgh, bleurgh.


Price?
This 45g pump bottle costs £3.95 and a 100g tub costs £6.10.


Would I repurchase?
Definitely not. This sounded great in theory and it had so much potential, but the smell let it down badly. Absolutely vile.


Hope you found my review helpful!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger