tattoos

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Top 10 drugstore products

I love drugstore shopping. With Christmas coming up, I know I have to curb my spending a little, but Boots and Superdrug have some real gems that won't break the bank - what's not to love?! Here are my top 10 drugstore products:
1. Simple Cleansing Wipes
I've never bought into the hype of cleansing wipes but I've been looking for a simpler skincare routine (more coming on that soon!), so when I saw them on offer recently I thought I'd give them a whirl. They remove every last speck of make up and dirt from my face in a few seconds. They even claim to remove waterproof mascara, and although I don't use them for that, it's true. I don't know how I lived without these!

2. Boots Botanics Eye Make Up Remover
This is another product I don't know how I lived without! I wear lashings of waterproof mascara, and the only thing used to take it off completely was baby oil. I wasn't happy with that though as it'd leave a disgusting residue behind, and would leave a film across my eyes that meant I was temporarily blinded! My eyes were also a little bit red and tender for a little while afterwards. Not good. This though, removes every last trace of mascara, even with the tiniest amount, and doesn't leave behind any residue, doesn't leave a film across my eyes, isn't greasy... it's perfect.

3. Blistex Relief Cream
This is a medicated cream that will sort out any lip problems you may have. Chapped? Cracked? Sore? Occasional coldsores? Dry and flaky? A few hours of using this and your lips will be smooth, soft and kissable. It tingles though, so if you don't like tingling products you may not like this. I like it though, makes me feel as though I can feel it working :)

4. E45 Cream
This is my daily moisturiser. I'm not going to go into too much detail because I've got a skincare post coming up really soon, but this has been christened 'The Skin Saviour' in my house - both me and my Mam swear by it.

5. Revlon Colorstay Foundation for oily/combination skin
I love this. It is a full coverage foundation, lasts all day, doesn't cake and comes in a wide range of colours so you're bound to find the perfect match for your skintone. It's been compared to MAC's Studio Fix Fluid. I've never tried it so can't compare, but I'm in no hurry to try it when I've got a foundation this good! I do have dry skin, but I prefer this one over the one made for dry skin, as this one gives me more of a matte finish, whereas the other one is a little bit too 'dewy' - it verges on greasy.

6. Barry M Lip Paints, shade 113 in particular
I loooooooove the Barry M Lip Paints. They have every colour and finish imaginable for less than a fiver. They're excellent quality and are long lasting. I've not been disappointed yet.

7. Barry M Nail Paints, 305 Pink Flamingo being my favourite
As with the Lip Paints, the colour selection is huge. There are a few bad ones but on the whole, they're fantastic. They apply easily and last about a week on me. My nails are fake though so I don't know if that makes any difference? They're only £2.95 too, so you can afford to experiment with different colours.

8. Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter Body Butter
Such a gorgeous body butter - it smells amazing and I even carry a little pot in my bag just to sniff it. It's a thick body butter, which is why I use it at night, but I wake up with the most beautifully soft skin and I hate showering as I smell so good! haha. It's cheaper than the Body Shop body butters, which is my reason for choosing it in the first place, but I love it so much I don't want to try anything else anyway!

9. Max Factor Masterpiece / Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara
I've listed both of these because I love them both equally. I've done a review here if you want to check that out - saves me repeating myself haha!

10. Nivea Creme
Another skincare product that I'm going to do a seperate post on. I bought it a while ago but only really started using it when Bubblegarm suggested using it at night. It's fab. Quite thick and greasy, but that all gets absorbed overnight, leaving you with gorgeous glowing skin in the morning.

What are your favourites? Link me up to your blogposts if you've done one, or just let me know in the comments below xx
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger