tattoos

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 2009 favourites

It's the end of September already?! Wowza. The time is just flying by. Anyways, onto the good stuff!
My first favourite of September has to be All That Glitters eyeshadow by MAC. This is the most beautful eyeshadow and I've used it everyday since I got it. It's got a hefty dip in it already and I can see me hitting pan before Christmas! It's a goldy/pinky/neutral colour (I'm so good at describing things haha) that really warms up my eyes. It goes with loads of things too - Patina, Woodwinked, Girlie, Trax, Tan pigment.... I heart it.

Next is The Comforter bubble bar by Lush. With the darker, colder nights drawing in, I find myself craving a candlelit bath after long, horrible days at work - and no bath is complete without some bubbles! The Comforter is the huge swirly white and pink bubble bar. It smells scrummy, sort of fruity and sweet (my excellent describing skills are coming out again...) and because you only need the smallest chunk, the bar lasts a long time. It really is comforting too!

The next product is Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum. I used the last of it at the weekend, but I bought a 150ml bottle last October so it's lasted me a year. I decanted some into a smaller bottle for my Mam too, so it would easily have lasted into the new year - and I have waist length, extremely thick hair. This is one of the nicest serums I've ever used. I've tried a variety of serums from all price ranges but this is by far the best. It gives a gorgeous sleek and glossy finish to my hair, isn't sticky or greasy and has a very pleasant smell. I use it on damp hair and a little bit again on the ends once I've finished styling. Best £12 I've ever spent!
Benefit Lust Duster in Cloud 9. As an eyeshadow, this sucks, but as a cheek highlighter I love it! I really like applying this lightly with a fairly small powder/blush brush, just above my cheekbones. It adds a pretty pink sheen and makes my skin look glowy and healthy. It's really subtle so works with any blush colour too, not just pink.
MAC lipstick in Creme d'Nude. I hated this when I first got it. It arrived all smashed up and bleurgh. MAC replaced it straight away, but I still hated it. I love the cremesheen formulas but the colour was just bland and I thought that there were better and cheaper nudes out there. I've really enjoyed wearing it during September though. I just dab it on my lips until I get the coverage I want and I think that's what makes me love it.
And finally, my leopard print pumps! Yes, they're uber tacky but I love them. They're really comfy and jazz up a plain jeans/t-shirt/cardigan combo that I've been favouring recently.
What have been your favourites of September? x
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger