tattoos

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Supermarket bargains

Hello my lovelies! Yesterday morning I did the weekly shop with my hyperactive Dad, airy-fairy Mam, and my irritable Fiance. Note to self : never again! I swear I'm the only normal one in my family ;) I did spot some make up bargains though, so it wasn't all bad.

In Asda, the new Maybelline lipsticks are 2 for £10. I haven't done my official review of these lipsticks yet, but the fact that I'm buying more should tell you what I think of them. I could only see one colour I wanted, the infamous Ambre Rose, and my Mam couldn't see any she liked either, so I left it. They annoyingly didn't have the whole collection. In Tesco though, ALL of the make up is 3 for 2, mix and match across the brands. Kerching! They didn't have the full range of the lipsticks either, but they did have a bigger selection.

I picked up Ambre Rose, and swatched a few other colours on my hand. I got Galactic Mauve, which looks like the lipstick version of MAC's Trax eyeshadow (one of my favourites!). It's a gorgeous plummy mauve with gold shimmer. Yum! Then I couldn't choose which one to pick as my third, so I asked G to choose. He chose Magic Mauve, though it looks like quite a bright and vivid pink with subtle silver shimmer. It's very pretty.

I was just browsing to see if there was anything else I needed when the Collection 2000 Glam Crystals eyeliners caught my eye. I have and adore six of the Urban Decay Heavy Metal eyeliners, but at £12 a pop they're not cheap.

I've seen these Glam Crystals on a few blogs recently but have always thought that they'd be rubbish and never live up to it's excellent UD counterparts. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to swatch a couple, and I have to admit, they're gorgeous! If I had to pick something to criticise, it'd be that the UD ones are a little more sparkly, but I can live with that! I got Le Freak (a gorgeous turquoise/green), Retro Chic (a pretty copper) and Rock Chick (a black and silver).
Top to Bottom - UD Pyrotechnics, UD Mosh Pit, UD Groupie, UD Metalhead, UD Air Guitar, UD Stagedive, C2000 Rock Chick, C2000 Retro Chic, C2000 Le Freak
Le Freak is an exact dupe of MAC's Peacocky. Peacocky (RIP *sniff*) was my favourite ever glitter eyeliner, but I used it all up and had to B2M it last month. I'm so so pleased I've found something identical, and for less than £3? What's not to love?! Retro Chic is a colour I've never seen in glitter form before, so I had to have it, and Rock Chick is so versatile - I can't wait to glam up a classic cat-eye look with it!
So after my food-shopping-with-the-family ordeal, my fiance and I went to town in the afternoon for a bit of peace. It says something when you want to go to a little town that is full of screaming brats and crap shops just to have a break! lol... I'm being harsh, my family are lush really... but I can't go to town without going to Superdrug - where I picked up a pack of Simple Cleansing Wipes that were £2, with a free sample of some Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream. All GOSH is 3 for 2 aswell! I picked up Bananas eyeliner, one I've heard a lot about, Grey Mink eyeliner, which is an eyeliner form of MAC's Smoke & Diamonds eyeshadow, and an Extreme Art liquid liner in Metallic Brown. They're gorgeous - the liquid liner doesn't budge at all. I still had traces of it on my hand after my shower this morning!
So there we go, some drugstore bargains for you in Tesco and Superdrug! I'm not sure how long the offers are on for, so you'd better hurry :) Boots are doing a 3 for 2 mix and match offer too, but that one ends on 6th October if you're interested!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger