tattoos

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mezzetta Review



As all of you know I am Italian and PROUD of it so when I had the opportunity to review some of Mezzetta's products I jumped at the chance!

A bit about Mezzetta G.L. Mezzetta is the leading producer of glass-packed peppers olives, and specialty foods in the United States*.

Family-owned since 1935, the fourth generation of the Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring our customers the highest quality foods available. Mezzetta sources the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepares them according to our Italian family recipes at our state-of-the-art production facility in Napa Valley. Then, we carefully pack our delicious products in traditional glass jars—ready to eat anytime you want a healthy snack or quality ingredients for your favorite dishes.

Our extended family of employees share a commitment for continued success and customer satisfaction. As a leader in the food industry, G.L. Mezzetta is motivated to ensure the safest and most efficient methods are used in producing our food products to ensure you receive a superior culinary experience every time.

Mezzetta specialty foods are available in retail grocery store across America, as well as club stores, foodservice outlets, fine restaurants, and at our on-line store. Our products can also be found in Canada, the Pacific Rim and Europe.

My Review
I was sent the following items from Mezzetta to review; Italian Castelvetrano {Whole Green Olives}, Amatriciana Sauce, Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives, and Italian Garden Vegetables.

Italian Castelvetrano {Whole Green Olives}

These Olives are delicious! They are actually known as 'Italy's favorite snacking olives' that until now has only been available at upscale restaurants or in gourmet retailer olive bars! I was caught off guard by just how green these olives were...a beautiful shade that would compliment many dishes. My husband and I used the olives in a mexican dip and they were delicious! The texture was crispy and smooth. I really loved how buttery the olives were...!

Amatriciana Sauce
I have a confession to make...I have NEVER heard of Amatriciana sauce...does that make me a bad Italian? Well, either way I am SO glad I found out about it because it is delicious! I googled Amatriciana sauce and got the following description: 'This zesty pancetta and tomato sauce is commonly associated with Lazio and Rome, but is actually from the town of Amatrice.' Amatriciana sauce can be made in a variety of different ways but Mezzetta makes theirs with Pancetta, Sauteed onions, crushed chili peppers, and Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. The result? A deliciously hearty sauce with a bit of sweetness from the tomatoes and heat from the peppers. I absolutely LOVE pancetta and it really gave a great texture to the sauce! I served the Amatriciana sauce over some rotini and my whole family LOVED it {even my four year old who is a VERY picky eater!}. I will definitely be buying more of Mezzetta's Amatriciana sauce the next time I see it at the store! It is SO good!

Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives

These extra-large olives have been lovingly hand-stuffed by the folks at Mezzetta...and they are yummy! My husband snuck off with the jar of olives and only let me have one...yes ONE! He absolutely LOVED these olives. I am not a huge Bleu Cheese fan but I really thought that the Bleu Cheese complimented the Olive nicely. My husband just ate these straight out of the jar but they are great for anti-pasta platters and salads.


Italian Garden Vegetables Italian Garden Vegetables is a delicious assortment of carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, squash, onions and red bell peppers, all sourced locally by Mezzetta. The vegetables have been marinated in a white balsamic vinegar. We ate the vegetables along size some bread and prosciutto as an appetizer and they were delicious! I loved the color the vegetables gave to the dish and the tang from the vinegar really complimented the saltiness of the prosciutto.



The company did send me a product or service for review. This in no way has affected my opinion of the product or service. This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger