tattoos

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things I learned through May 2011

Another month done and dusted. I seriously cannot believe that it is June tomorrow - madness! Glad to see the sunshine making an appearance today, but how long will it last? June usually is a jolly month for us as we're in high spirits for Mr Lollipop's birthday, but this year we are feeling quite fed up. Last year we celebrated his birthday in our beloved London but we are staying at home this year - sob. Anyway, enough rambling... onto my May lessons:


1. Echofon is better than Tweetdeck. Fact.

2. I change my mind daily about the style of wedding I want. Once deposits are paid, there's no going back, so make your blimmin' mind up Laura!

3. As much as I think certain people on Twitter are bitches, there are some absolute gems there who are always willing to offer me advice, listen to my rambles, and just be a friend. Better than my 'real life' friends do sometimes.

4. Sadly, you cannot choose your family. I should point out that this isn't aimed at all of my family members. Just two crazies.

5. The bottom of most boats are red. Or ships I should say. Something to do with being able to tell water levels.

6. Number 5 could be a blatant lie as my father told me it. Not that my father is a liar, but he likes to pull my leg.

7. Lady Gaga is absolutely Gaga. Have you seen her Monster Ball tour?! Lunatic. But I love her regardless.


8. I am quite fickle.

9. Going to see a popular film on a Saturday afternoon is pure madness. It was jam packed, which is normally fine but it was quite a small screen so we were absolutely boiling. And the rustling - good God, the rustling! You sit through 20 minutes of trailers, then wait until the film starts to try and wrestle a sweet packet open.

10. The perfect way to avoid onion-chopping-tears is to wear sunglasses, then tie a tea-towel around your face, making sure you cover your nose and mouth. You look absurd but it works! No more ruined make up for moi.


11. The words "Blogging is a hobby, not my job" has become a bit of a mantra in the blogging community this month.

12. My laptop has seen better days. Don't think it will last 'til Christmas, which is a shame as I would've asked Santa for a new one.

13. Cheryl Cole is confirmed as a judge on US X Factor.

14. Cheryl Cole is dropped as a judge on US X Factor.

15. I want a tattoo. Definitely.

16. Shoving a load of A-list actors and actresses in a movie does not guarantee that it'll be any good. Yes, Valentine's Day, I'm looking at you. Not even Bradley Cooper could rescue that one.

17. The Super-Injunction Footballer who cannot could not be named is Ryan Giggs.

18. And Ryan Giggs is a complete and utter turd. Not for cheating (I've come to expect nothing less from footballers, though he is a turd for cheating) but because of his whole attitude to the super-injunction. He drew more attention to himself by getting it in the first place. And threatening to sue anyone on Twitter who named him? What. A. Plonker. As they say, he made his bed...

19. Britain's Got Talent is really bad, and not in the so-bad-it's-good way that these talent shows usually are.

20. My 7 year old nephew's R's look like C's...


21. ...And he was learning about Rocks in school. Rocks.

22. How to DIY ombre my hair.

23. When DIY ombre-ing you need to use a darker base colour than you think you'll need. Because mine wasn't dark enough, my ombre is the most subtle ombre in the history of ombres!

24. Nice & Easy foam hair colour is shite.

25. I am damned good at my job.

26. And I am finally getting recognition for being damned good at my job.

27. Aaaaaaand my manager thinks I am "talented, intelligent and good mannered, and would make a brilliant 'checking technician'". Means shit to you if you know nothing about pharmacy but I'm chuffed!

28. Money could buy me happiness.

29. But if money couldn't, a time machine definitely could!

30. Bruno Mars' Lazy Song video sends me into a trance. I don't know what I find so enthralling but you can guarantee that if I see the trouserless-men-wearing-monkey-masks parading on my TV, I stop what I'm doing and watch. Not because I enjoy it, but because I am genuinely in a trance.

31. I have developed an infatuation with Bradley Cooper. I realised this after my third night in a row of dreaming about marrying him. Oops! In a weird way though, I'm glad, because everything was the same as the wedding we are planning. Except the groom... but that's just a small detail ;)



So come on then, whatcha learn?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger