tattoos

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Free make up?

As I mentioned in my previous post, I went shopping to Cardiff yesterday. I had some Debenhams vouchers to spend and some Back-2-MAC's to cash in, so the sole purpose of our visit was to buy make up. Yay! We also bought some goodies for our 3-day old niece (who is absolutely gorgeous!) before meeting up with my parents for some food. I had a lovely day!
Onto the goodies :
I bought:
  • Soap & Glory 'The Righteous Butter' body butter mini tub
  • Soap & Glory 'Flake Away' body scrub mini tub
  • Illamasqua Lipstick - Obey
  • Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss - Electrify
  • Benefit Lip Gloss - Zone Out
  • MAC Lipstick - Snob
  • MAC Lipstick - Angel
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner - Underground

I managed to check out the Illamasqua counter, which I was really excited about. I was browsing the lipsticks, and though they had tons of colours, Obey is the one that stood out. It is a pale corally pink colour, really pretty. The tester looked frosty, but it's not. It's a matte shade, and according to the MUA, they're 56% pigment - which is impressive. She tested some similar colours on me, but I wanted this one.

This is a quick swatch, where I swiped it once across my lower lip and rubbed my lips together. Honestly, for it to be creamy enough and pigmented enough to cover my pout with a single swipe, is amazing. The lipstick also survived a meal, which I think is fantastic!

I also wanted to check out the glosses, and I wanted an intense gloss in either Embroil or Absorb, because they're as nude as a nude lip can get. However, even after I told her of my love of nude lips, she wouldn't let me try those two colours. "No, you don't want them, they're beige". Hmmph. I was so overwhelmed by everthing though, it didn't bother me. It was only when I was on my way home that I sort of thought about it. I love the gloss she picked out for me though. It looks like a bubblegum pink in the tube but it's not so bright on the lips, and it smells yummy - like sherbert! It honestly is the best gloss I've ever used. It's not sticky but it's long lasting. It kind of looks like a glossy stain, if that makes sense?


Next stop was the Benefit counter, and I wanted to check out the new shadows and new glosses. I was flustered though because the MUA was really pushy, so I only had chance to look at the glosses. I love Benefit, but these glosses aren't up to much. Certainly not worth £14! I bought one called Zone Out though. You can't really tell but it's a very pale almost clear gloss, with pretty gold sparkles. I thought it'd be a pretty neutral gloss that would look pretty over Obey. I love the packaging and I will certainly use this gloss... it's just not one to rave about.

Then I headed over to Urban Decay (check out my previous post about their Christmas goodies!). I picked up another 24/7 liner in Underground, a beautiful shimmery taupe. These are my HG liners, particlarly Bourbon, so I snapped this one up as soon as I swatched it. I think I'm only missing 4 colours then I'll have the full set. Obsessed? Me? ...Never!

Boots was next, where I bought two little tubs - The Righteous Butter and Flake Away. I've heard loads of good things about Soap & Glory and these two products in particular, so I can't wait to try these out and review them for you.


Final stop was MAC. I had 12 empties which I could return for 2 lipsticks or 2 slimshines, but the slimshines didn't take my fancy. I had a mission - find a pretty pale pink lipstick. I swatched every pale pink there and eventually settled for Snob and Angel. I couldn't see Bombshell, which is the one I really wanted to check out, but I love the two I chose. Snob is a satin and feels very similar to cremesheen formula's when I swatched it. Does it look huge in the picture? It's much bigger than Angel... either it's more product or it's not in the tube properly. Angel is apparently a frost, but it seems like a lustre. Either way it's super pretty, a colour that everyone should have in their arsenal. Both of these will look gorgeous under my new favourite gloss too.

So I got all of this and spent a whopping £4.50, and that was in Boots on the mini tubs. I love make up, but free make up is bliss :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger