tattoos

Monday, August 31, 2009

August 2009 favourites

Can you believe that it's the last day of August? You know what that means - summer is coming to an end! If you can even call this rubbish weather a summer! I was chatting to Ella on Twitter last night and we both have bought pretty gladiator sandals that we haven't been able to wear. Instead I've dug out my Uggs. Boo... I love Autumn though - just wish we'd had a proper summer first!
So onto my favourites! I actually don't have many, because August was a month of using up some things so I could Back-2-MAC them. I got enough for two lipsticks, as you saw in my recent 'Shopping Spree' post. But here's what I favoured in August:
My favourite eyeshadow combo was (all MAC) Blanc Type, Amber Lights, Tempting and Carbon. I love my neutrals, whether it be simple and pretty or smokey and sexed up. These are the colours I wore most this month, and I think they work well together. I came up with many different looks just using these four colours, with the odd pigment or dazzle dust thrown in for good measure. If you don't own these colours, why not?! Get thee down to MAC now!
Superdrug's Natural High Eye Brightening cream. I love this stuff. Every eye cream I've tried has never really given me the feeling that it is working - but this one really does brighten up my eye area. It contains arnica, which is known to reduce bruising, and my dark circles are so bad they could be mistaken for bruises at times!
MAC Pure Rose lipstick. August has been the month of the nude lip, and this one has been my favourite. It's a pinky nude which I love, and because it's a lustre, I don't need to put a gloss over the top - which is great because I'm not a fan of loading my lips with product. Lip balm, lip liner, lipstick AND lipgloss, is sometimes too much. As you can see, I really love this lipstick!
And that's it really. Told you there wasn't much! A non-beauty related thing I've been loving this month though, is The Time Travellers Wife - the book, not the movie. I want to finish the book before I watch the film, and I'm about 3/4 through it. It's really good, if not confusing. I've got a rough idea of what happens at the end. I'm really looking forward to seeing the film - Rachel McAdams is a great actress, and gorgeous to boot! Have you seen the movie? What did you think?
Hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend, whatever you did. We went to see Harry Potter today (I know, I know - I'm really late seeing it!) and we really enjoyed it. There was a trailer for New Moon too, so I've had a little Edward fix today :) We're just going to get something to eat then have a cosy night in, before we go back to work tomorrow. We've had 10 days off and it's been lovely spending time together. Really don't want to go back to 'normality' tomorrow!! xx

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger