tattoos

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Urban Decay's Christmas '09 collection

I went shopping in Cardiff today (seperate post on what I bought coming soon) and I just had to share with you the things I saw in Debenhams - in particular, the Urban Decay counter.
They already have stock of the Christmas '09 collection, which isn't yet available in the USA (for the first time ever I think the UK have something before the US!), and it's not even showing it all on the site.
Woo how exciting! I love Urban Decay - It's definitely in my top 3 favourite brands. So what did I see...? Lots of gift sets, as you'd expect. There were easily 6 or 7 new things, so I'll just tell you about the things I remember!


First up was A Book Of Shadows Volume II. It still had a lift up part at the top but the gaudy and annoying pop-ups have gone! In their place is a little Look Book. Cute huh? It had a peacock design on the front and inside, which seems to be a recurring theme in the upcoming goodies. I think it'd be a fantastic gift for somebody new to make up, new to Urban Decay, or somebody just wanting to expand their collection. It had 16 shadows, just like the original one, and there was one shade sticking out to me in particular, called Sphynx. It was a beautiful peachy pink with sparkles. So pretty. It came with two travel size 24/7 eyeliners in Zero and Bourbon ( the best shades!) and a travel size bottle of Primer Potion. It was a miniature bottle of the genie-shaped original one instead of their regular straight up travel size packaging. Super cute but I'm guessing the impracticalities of the packaging are magnified with the small size. I think this was around £22.

Then there were two new eyeshadow palettes, each holding 6 shadows. They were in round pans too, not those little square ones - but I don't think they were full size pans. I didn't get the names of the colours, but there were some dark greens and vivid purples - perfect for fall. One had a peacock design (see what I mean?) and the other had a grafitti design, though I can't remember what of. These also came with a mini genie bottle of Primer Potion, and I believe they were £18 each.

And finally, for the 24/7 eyeliner lovers like me, there was a new set! It had 8 - 10 colours, I can't really remember, but I do remember that they were teeny weeny compared to the normal travel size ones - probably 1/2 to 2/3 of the size! It had some permanenet colours like Ransom, Grafitti, Zero, Rockstar, and Stash, with some pretty new colours like Binge (a deep midnight blue), Oil Slick (a glittery black), and Eldorado (a bright gold). This set was £18... and I considered getting it for Oil Slick alone! I didn't though. If it ends up in a sale somewhere I'd probably pick it up, but I'm somewhat put off by the size of the pencils.

Overall, I'm impressed though. There was another set with rhinestones/diamantes, another set that was sort of a 'Best Of' set, with mini UDPP, mini lipstick, mini mascara etc. There was just so much for me to see that I couldn't take it all in! Check out your nearest Debenhams and let me know what you think.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger