Happy Wednesday my lovelies, the weekend is in sight! Hope you've had a good week so far :)
I feel like a bit of a fraudster posting today's eats - I mean, it is what I ate - but I've had a really rubbish week food-wise and today's munchies don't reflect that. Today's consumption was quite healthy, bar breakfast, but that's because I've felt the need to make up for the weekend. I've indulged in Krispy Kreme's, McDonalds, Harry Ramsden's, ice creams, crisps and dips, fluffernutter sandwiches in abundance, American candies... the list is quite endless.
Sigh.
I know it's so easy to say 'tomorrow is another day', and that treats aren't bad occasionally, I just feel rotten that the last week has undone all of my hard work. But, that's enough melodrama for now. I've bored you enough with it! Here is what I've eaten today - don't forget to check out Jenn's wonderful blog for more WIAW-party participants!
BREAKFAST - 7:00am
Breakfast today was a bowl of Lucky Charms. Mr L and I 'treated' ourselves to some things in Americandy on the weekend (surprise surprise *rolls eyes*), and one of my buys was Lucky Charms. They're not so easy to come by in the UK anymore, but now that I've found this American shop in Cardiff, I'll have a neverending supply on my almost-doorstep! I adored these as a kid, and they totally lived up to how I remembered them. Was it a sensible breakfast choice? No. Did it fill me up for most of the morning? Well, no, not really. Did it hit the spot? Completely!
MID-MORNING SNACK - 10:00am
An early snack today as the Lucky Charms, though delicious, did not fill me up for long. I ate a banana and an apple. I haven't eaten an apple sans cinnamon for a long, long time, and I thought I'd miss it more than I did.
LUNCH - 1:00pm
I had a plate of raw carrot batons, green peppers, and a dollop or tomato and chilli houmous. At first I could only taste the tomato and thought it was really bland, but then I got a kick from the chilli! Really enjoyed this one and will definitely be buying more. I do love me some houmous. I also had a great big summer fruits smoothie using frozen summer fruits (raspberries, cherries, strawberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, blueberries) pomegranate and cranberry juice, and a splash of sparkling peach flavoured water. Fizzy and slushy and very refreshing.
MID-AFTERNOON SNACK - 4:00pm
I started feeling hungry at around 3:20pm, but I decided to hold out for a little longer otherwise I'd be wanting my tea earlier too. When I finally caved in I had some sugarsnaps and an orange.
TEA - 6:30pm
I had a salmon fillet baked with lemon juice and dill, and I served it with some stuffed peppers. I stuffed them with some lemon and coriander couscous (my favourite flavoured couscous) and baked them in the oven until the peppers were softened and the top of the couscous golden and crispy. These were so delicious and I polished off the lot, though I do think the couscous could've benefitted from having some veggies mixed in. Definitely one I'll be trying again though. For my pudding I had a bowl of strawberries, which are so scrumptious at this time of year, topped with some of Rachel's Organic Greek-Style Coconut Yoghurt.
DRINKS
I've consumed 4 cups of tea today *slaps wrist* but I've also had my 2 litres of water. I'm looking forward to 9:00pm when I can have a mug of Clipper Sleep Easy tea, which is my favourite bedtime drink. I've been having trouble sleeping lately and this seems to help.
What have you eaten today? How do you feel about falling off the wagon and treating yourself - are you harsh like me or accept it and move on? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment