tattoos

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kio Kio Review



     Natural bodycare products intrigue me. To take elements from the earth and create products that soothe, replenish, and beautify skin is amazing. Did you know that much of what we put onto our skin is absorbed directly into our body? It really makes you think twice about putting just 'anything' on your body now doesn't it? You wouldn't feed your skin with chemicals that you would never consider eating, right? RIGHT! The products you apply to your skin should be composed of pure and natural ingredients that are effective and safe. Kio Kio bodycare range interacts with the skin’s own amazing biology and uses natural ingredients that the human body has an affinity with, to deliver beautiful soft, silky, skin. Read on to learn more about Kio Kio....

A bit about Kio Kio
Kio Kio bodycare is made in New Zealand from the purest, softest spring water. This is combined with potent natural plant extracts and some certified organic ingredients to create a luxurious range of natural bodycare products to soothe, replenish and beautify your skin. The certified organic water used in Kio Kio bodycare is filtered from New Zealand mountain ranges and extracted through an aquifer deep in the ground. The unique bio-active botanical ingredients of Kio Kio are sustainably harvested from New Zealand’s pristine native forests.

The Kio Kio natural bodycare range includes fragrant and soothing body creams, body lotions and body washes, a refreshing body mist, and a rich creamy soap. The products include exotic natural perfume oils and unique, wild-harvested native botanical additives. Kio Kio bodycare is available in four beautiful New Zealand-inspired fragrances {Citrus Petal and Tarata, Pacific Tiare & Ti Kauka, Rainforest & Koromiko, Frangipani & Puriri
} that are fresh, clean and uplifting.

My Review
  I was sent Frangipani and Puriri Body Cream and Body Wash from Kio Kio to review. For those of you who are wondering what Frangipani and Puriri are let me explain. Frangipani {my all time favorite flower} is gorgeous tropical flower {also known as plumeria} which grows in tropical places such as Hawaii and New Zealand. Puriri is a is an evergreen tree endemic to New Zealand. Puriri is a natural hormonal balancer and was also traditionally used to treat sore throats as well as common aches and pains. 

Kio Kio Frangipani and Puriri Body Cream
   This body cream is thick and decadent. It smells heavenly and hydrates my skin leaving it supple and glowing. The cream is not oily or greasy and it absorbs nicely into the skin leaving a soft {not overpowering} fragrance behind. I love using the Kio Kio Body Cream right after I get out of the shower to keep my skin soft and smooth. The Frangipani scent really takes me back to Hawaii...I love it!

Kio Kio Frangipani and Puriri Body Wash
  I have very sensitive skin and most body washes make me break out but the Kio Kio body wash did not. The Kio Kio Body wash is not harsh on skin-very mild {which I love}. A little goes a long way since this body wash is concentrated and it foams up nicely to give you a great lather. I love how it leaves my skin lightly scented the whole day...my husband remarked at how wonderful I smelled...and so did my four year old daughter! 

I love the Kio Kio products that I was able to review. They come beautifully packaged {the packaging is recyclable, uncoated, and uses water-based dyes}  and are purely organic and nurturing to both body and soul. Kio Kio uses no parabens, petroleum derivatives, by-products, propylene glycol, PEGS, silicones, GMOs, artificial colors, synthetic fillers, isothiazolinone, DEA or TEA, IBPC, harsh detergents, or surfactants. As of May 13, 2011 Kio Kio is being sold in the U.S. at  Anthropologie-the brands first U.S. retail outpost! I highly recommend trying Kio Kio bodycare products...they smell fabulous and leave your skin feeling and looking its best. 


The company did send me a product or service for review. This in no way has affected my opinion of the product or service. This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger