tattoos

Friday, July 29, 2011

ThinkGeek.com 400 Watt Power Dome Mini Generator Review



You never know when their may be an emergency and to be prepared a generator is always a wise item to have on hand. Honestly though who wants to have a HUGE generator just sitting around...isn't there something more compact for emergency use? Yes, there is! It is called the   400 Watt Power Dome Mini Generator from ThinkGeek.com and I was fortunate enough to review it!



The 400 Watt Power Dome Mini Generator is able to power:

  • Laptop(45w): 4.5hr

  • Boom box (23w): 8hr

  • Fax machine (15w): 18hr standby

  • Camcorder (8w): 24hr

  • Video Game (35w): 5.5 hours

  • Portable Refrigerator:(45W) 4.5hr

  • 13" TV (59w): 3hr

  • Power Drill (360w): 1hr





  • A bit about ThinkGeek.com

    ThinkGeek started as an idea. A simple idea to create and sell stuff that would appeal to the thousands of people out there who were on the front line and in the trenches as the Internet was forged. ThinkGeek started as a way to serve a market that was passionate about technology, from programmers, engineers, students, lovers of open source, to the masses that helped create the behind-the-scenes Internet culture.
    Three out of the four founding ThinkGeek members started an ISP in the Northern Virginia area way way back in 1995. They couldn't afford Solaris, learned about a free UNIX-like OS, and spent almost an entire day downloading it onto over 50 floppies for installation on an old 486 laptop with no cd-rom (thanks Slackware!). After a few years with the ISP gig, the ThinkGeek idea popped into their heads, and, operating out of a spare room at the ISP office they setup shop and launched the site on Friday the 13th, 1999...
    A month or so later they were Slashdotted. Promptly thereafter, ThinkGeek was acquired by the good folks at Andover.Net who through an acquisition and a bunch of name changes, is now known as Geeknet. So ThinkGeek is part of a cool gaggle of sites including slashdot.orgsourceforge.netlinux.com, and freshmeat.net. Pretty nice company to be amongst, eh? They're pretty proud of it!


    My Review
      I was sent a 400 Watt Power Dome Mini Generator to review from ThinkGeek. When I received the Mini Generator I was astounded by how small it was...at 18 lbs. it is perfect for the garage or back of my car! I charged the generator for 36 hours and then put it to the test. I plugged my laptop into the AC wall socket and wah-la! The Mini Generator kept my laptop charged for about 3 hours. After I used the generator I plugged it back in to recharge it {it should be charged after each use and every six months} and it is now good to go whenever I need it! The 400 Watt Power Dome Mini Generator is great for camping trips when you just can't live without your computer or TV. Just jack it into your car's cigarette lighter and it will run powered devices indefinitely {or until your car runs out of gas!}.  You also get a built-in 275 psi air compressor, and a handy utility light...oh and did I mention it can also jump start your car? Yes, this generator has got power! So if you want to be prepared whenever/wherever I highly recommend getting one of these powerful machines...you can thank me later!


    Features include:

  • Portable Power Supply Can Run A/C or D/C Based Electronics, Appliances and Tools

  • Devices Can be Powered by The Internal Sealed Lead Acid Battery or from a Vehicle Cigarette Lighter

  • 2 AC Outlets and 2 DC outlets

  • 260 PSI Air Compressor with Gauge

  • 600 Amp Cranking Power Jump- Starter

  • 400watt inverter

  • 1000watt surge

  • Charge level indicator

  • Bult-in 5 LEDs worklight



  • The company did send me a product or service for review. This in no way has affected my opinion of the product or service. This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    blogger templates | Blogger