tattoos

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday 015

Evening lovelies - hope you are all well?


Of course, I can't let today's post go by without mentioning Amy Winehouse. Yes, she was a drug addict, and some people may think that she 'got what she deserved'. She made some wrong choices, admittedly, but as somebody who deals with drug addicts on a day-to-day basis, I can safely say it isn't easy to rid yourself of demons. Amy was such a talented woman with her whole life ahead of her - she was my age for Christ sake. I'm nowhere near achieving everything I've ever dreamed of, and I can't imagine she was either. And for all of her faults, she was somebody's daughter. Somebody's friend. They are the people who are now facing a lifetime without somebody they love. What Amy 'deserved' was a life - regardless of how long it took her to get off the drugs. What Amy and her family 'deserve' is some respect. RIP Amy Winehouse - the music world will not be the same.

Onto some more positive news - I had an overwhelming response on my last post and I want to say thank you. I love the blogosphere. People are so open-minded and supportive here, and really appreciate the different opinions and beliefs. I <3 blogging for that reason. I also loved reading this post. It made me laugh and I could totally relate. Have a read!

Mr Lollipop and I are off this week, so posts may be a bit sporadic. We have a lovely week ahead - we're visiting our potential wedding venue on Tuesday, having a meal there, staying the night (with breakfast, of course), then having a look round everywhere with the wedding co-ordinator. Exciting! We're also doing a bit of shopping at some point, going to see Harry Potter (at last!) and Horrible Bosses, and are even hoping to squeeze in a spot of bowling. We're also not staying at home - we're staying at my Gran's. We're calling it 'Gran' Canaria and we are staying in the Costa Del Rita resort. My Gran lives at one end of the beach, we live on the other, so it's not exactly miles away but it's already been fab to get some time to ourselves. Bliss.

The reason we are staying in Costa Del Rita (Rita is my Granny's name by the way), is because she has moved into my house with my parents for a couple of weeks. On Wednesday, it will be 2 years since my Grampa passed away. My poor Gran is still in shock, and still isn't coming to terms with it. It's so difficult for her, and she needs lots of love and company at the moment. She's in the right place. Of course, we all still miss him, but she is truly suffering from a broken heart. Poor thing.


Listening to : Not a lot this week, but since yesterday's news I've been rediscovering my Amy Winehouse albums. So tragic.

Few to follow : Laura, Laura, Laura and Laura. Because everyone called Laura is awesome ;)


See you soon - hope you have a lovely week and I'll hopefully see you soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger