tattoos

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Shopping experience and a half!

I had a somewhat traumatic shopping trip yesterday, whereby I got lost. In Cardiff. By myself. Although I'm not from Cardiff, I am familiar with the shopping centre and high street because I regularly shop there, but I ended up somewhere I didn't even know existed. I was a little bit scared and very nearly cried! I just ended up going round and round and round, until eventually I found my way. Phew! If that didn't need some new make up to cheer me up, I don't know what did!


I got:
  • NARS Laguna Bronzer - I've hit pan on my Benefit Hoola Bronzer so I was going to repurchase it, but I spotted the NARS counter and got this instead. Love it already!
  • Bobbi Brown Chocolate Shimmer Ink Gel Eyeliner - I've been on the lookout for a nice brown, gel eyeliner for a long, long time. Bobbi Brown ones seem to be a firm favourite amongst bloggers and consumers alike, and this one looked prettiest as it's a delicious chocolate brown with gold sparkles.
  • MAC Creme Cup Lipstick - I looooove this lipstick and have been desperate for a replacement since mine got all melty and broken.
  • MAC Bombshell Lipstick - This one caught my eye as my 'My Lips But Better' colour, but it's more like 'My Lips But More Golden And Frosty'! It's rosier than I first thought, and I usually hate rosy-coloured things on my lips, but this is quite pretty. I think it's the gold sheen that makes it so nice.
Some swatches:
 
Top to bottom : Creme Cup, Bombshell, Chocolate Shimmer Ink, Laguna

I wanted to get Shy Girl and Glaringly Hip lipsticks from MAC but they were out of stock, which I found quite annoying. Ho hum, maybe next time.


Then, in Boots I bought myself some new skincare items. My skin has started to flip out on me again, so it's time to switch it up. I got:
  • Good Things Fresh Start Creamy Cleanser - This is a brand I've been wanting to try for a while, and this smells delicious. Really looking forward to using this!
  • Good Things Five Minute Facial Face Mask - I usually use a fresh face mask from Lush but this caught my eye. It doesn't smell as nice as the cleanser, but it's fruity and still sweet and nice, so I thought I'd give it a go.
  • Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover - This is the best make up remover EVER! I've gone through bottles and bottles of the stuff.
  • Boots Botanics Skin Brightening Toner - The words 'Skin Brightening' sold it to me. Let's hope it works!
  • Eylure Black Dylash - My eyelashes are non-existant without mascara, so I'm going to attempt t dye my eyelashes to see if it makes a difference. Wish me luck!

And finally I bought some new books. I've been looking for something to read recently and have exhausted my current collection of books, so I treated myself to some new ones.


I got:
  • Last Night At Chateau Marmont, Chasing Harry Winston, and Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger - These are from the author of The Devil Wears Prada, which I really enjoyed, and if nothing else the covers are lovely with stiletto heels. I love that the covers are consistant with the author!
  • I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk - I've already reviewed of Lindsey's other books, I Heart New York and I Heart Hollywood , and can't wait to sink my teeth into this third installment. Again, the covers are really pretty and cute.
  • Pictures Of Lily by Paige Toon - Another one with a pretty cover that's consistant with the author. I've never read anything by Paige Toon but am always interested in the blurbs of her books, so I decided I'd try this one.
  • The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson - This author is one of my absolute favourites. I have read and re-read lots of her books and this is one I've been meaning to read since it was released last year. I saw it in paperback and thought I had no excuses.
What have you been buying recently?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger