tattoos

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 2010 favourites

Well, that's Summer over and done with. I know, what Summer, right? I'm so glad we're finally having some lovely sunshine as I'm seriously lacking in Vitamin D, and it couldn't come at a better time because I am off this week! Hope you've all had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend. We went to visit Mr L's family and had a yummy little BBQ. Here are some products that made the misery that was August a bit better for me:


MAC Lipstick - Angel
I know, I know, I gave this lipstick a good old bashing in this post, but I've been loving it this month. I've been using it because my Creme Cup officially bit the dust, but it's such an easy, natural pink to wear. It goes with everything too. I'm still not a fan of the formula - Creme Cup is still my favourite - but colourwise, it's beautiful.


MAC Lipstick - Cute-Ster
Another lipstick I've enjoyed this month has been Cute-Ster, from last year's Hello Kitty collection. It's a pretty neutral nudey pink colour with a slight coral tinge to it. It's a lustre formula so is lovely and glossy, and feels like silk on my lips. This has been my colour of choice when I wanted something more than nude, but not as full-on as pink.


MAC Eyeshadows - Patina, Trax, Satin Taupe, and Nanogold
I've been wearing some sort of combination of these colours for most of August. I usually wear shimmery bronzes during the Summer but the distinct lack of sunshine has made August seem more like Autumn, so I've been opting for these Autumnal shades. The colours compliment each other really well and have been suitable for natural daytime looks, or sultry, smokey nighttime looks.


Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner - 1999
This is the eyeliner form of Trax eyeshadow, so the plummy shade has been a perfect addition to my looks, whether it was on the waterline or as an eyeliner on the upper lashline. It has tiny flecks of gold/bronze so it's added a bit of interest to my look. Nanogold looks particularly pretty when paired with 1999.


St. Ives Apricot Body Scrub - Invigorating
I was pleasantly surprised when I used this body scrub for the first time, especially considering how disappointed I was with a facial exfoliator from the brand. This is packed with exfoliating particles to scrub away every impurity, and my skin feels really smooth afterwards. Although it's really abrasive, it's not uncomfortable, so I've taken to using it on my face too. It's inexpensive at less than a fiver, so is a brilliant bargainous buy for your bumpy bums!


So there we go, my very simple favourites for August. What have been your favourites?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger