tattoos

Monday, August 23, 2010

Guest Post: Baby Essentials


I have been a fan of the blog My Favorite Things since I can remember. I was very fortunate to have Molly {the owner} write up a Guest Post for Cherry Blossoms {The Blog}. Enjoy this fun little post and be sure to stop by Molly's Blog; My Favorite Things!

Favorite Baby Essentials

When it comes to preparing for a new babe, I have my go to essentials that I like to have on hand before the birth.  I am going to list my top favorites and then throw in a few “new” ones that I haven’t yet tried but will definitely be purchasing this third time around.  You see, I am pregnant with baby boy #3 and have already hit the nesting mode. 

For a fall/winter baby I like to have 7-10 long one-pieces/footies in size 0-3 months and 7-10 in size 3-6 months.  You never can quite tell how big baby will be and how fast he/she will grow.  I also like to have a few long sleeve onsies, along with a few soft knit pants.  Oh and one super cute special outfit.  For a spring/summer baby the formula is basically the same but instead of long one-pieces you would go for onsies and well, you get the picture.  I am a big believer in comfort when it comes to babes under 6 months old. 

Another must must must are some good swaddling/receiving blankets.  They need to be large enough to get a good swaddle.  I also like to use my receiving blankets as burp cloths.  I always have at least one or two in the diaper bag and they cover a much larger area than a normal burp cloth.  My favorite swaddling blankets are from Aden and Anais and I absolutely adore The Miracle Blanket!  Oh and if you need a good swaddling tutorial, this one is stellar.  Nothing beats a baby burrito! 

Next on my list is a good baby bath tub with your favorite bath products.  I never did find the perfect tub with my first two boys but will most definitely be purchasing the Puj Baby Bath Tub with my third.  It looks absolutely perfect.   
My favorite bath products are Aveeno Baby.  I don’t like anything too smelly and the Aveeno Baby line has some great products for babies with sensitive skin/eczema.  But I might just deviate this time around to try MD Moms Baby Silk.  Throw in one or two sweet hooded towels [i have two of them, my faves] and you are set. 

Now it wouldn’t be right to leave out my absolute favorite baby thing, diaper bags.  I’m a handbag girl so I like to have a few killer diaper bags at the ready.  And since I am about to have my third, I’ve got quite the collection.  My favorites are... 


If you breast feed, which I do for the first year, a Medela Double Pump is in order.  Yes you may feel like a diary cow but it is a great way to store up that liquid gold! 

And to top off the list I like to have a great baby carrier, an organizer for all the diapering supplies and a white noise machine. 

Good luck to all you pregnant mamas out there and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger