tattoos

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 2009 favourites

Wow, it's time for the last monthly favourites post of 2009. I can't believe it! I've been blogging for about 6 months and I can't believe how quickly it's gone! Well, here are some things I've been loving during December. It's full of sparkles, because if you can't have sparkle at Christmas, then you never can!

Glitter Eyeliners


I have 6 from Urban Decay and 3 from Collection 2000. The UD ones cost about £12 each, and the C2000 ones cost about £3. Honestly? They're too alike to warrant me spending £12 on a glitter eyeliner again. Unless UD do a really uniquely coloured one, it's off to Boots for Glam Crystals I go! That said, I love all 9 of the glitters I have, regardless of brands or price. I've been wearing them practically every day during December, even to work. A bronzey neutral eye with some gold glitter along the bottom lashline was such a pretty look that I loved wearing, but I wore them all at some point.


YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick - 2 Sensual Silk


I wasn't going to include this since I only bought it at the beginning of December, but I've honestly worn it every single day since. It smells and tastes of watermelon (yum!), is pigmented enough to only need one swipe on my lips, and is a gorgeous, wearable nude colour. Probably my favourite lipstick of all time, let alone December. Yes, it was an expensive treat at £20, but I'm so impressed I want them all.


Soap & Glory's The Greatest Scrub Of All


I did a full review of this here. I wasn't overwhelmed by this scrub at first. Although it is nice, it didn't compare to my favourite, Lush Ocean Salt. However, that's become too harsh for my face recently. I'm not sure whether the combination of cold weather and central heating that is making my skin sensitive to harsh products, but it's started to sting a little bit too much when I use it. I've been using this scrub instead and it's been lovely. It's given me a nice, healthy looking glow, and it's been really effective at scrubbing off any dry skin. I'm sure I'll be reverting back to Ocean Salt soon, but for the time being, this is the one I'm reaching for!


Benefit 'Talent' Shadow/Liner Brush

I got this brush in a Benefit set back last year. I used it all the time until my brush collection grew and it got relegated. I picked it up again recently and have been using it every day. It's a flat brush, so it's perfect for packing colour onto the lid. I kept meaning to pick up a full size one but didn't bother since I stopped using it, but I forgot how good it was. I like it for cream eyeshadows too, as it's not flimsy but is still flexible.


Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Midnight Cowboy

The general consensus on this eyeshadow is that it is the work of the devil, but I've been loving it this month. I do get some fall out, but it's easily sorted with a cleansing wipe and some powder. It's super sparkly so I've been loving it just to add a little something extra to my neutral eyes. I've been wearing some of this dabbed on the area where the highlight colour meets the crease. As long as you've got a good base, it'll stay put. You've got to sparkle at Christmas time!


And lastly... my MooCow
It's a hot water bottle (clearly) and I love it. It's been everywhere with me this month - even to work! It's been blimmin' freezing! Mr Lollipop bought it for me when I was poorly a few years ago, and I recently found it again. So, so glad, particularly when we have to leave the back door open a lot for the dogs to roam freely. My parents don't seem to care that we're freezing our neenars off, but they're upstairs in the main lounge while we are shivering in ours downstairs. Those pesky mutts! I do love them though...


Mitzi



Holly


What have you been loving during December? Have you been reaching for sparkly items like moi? x

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger