tattoos

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

I just wanted to do a quick post this evening to wish you all a very merry Christmas. I hope you've all been good for Santa, and I wish you lots of happiness over the festive period!!
We have lots of fun family traditions that we all grumble about, but would definitely miss if we stopped them! My Dad normally chases me with the raw turkey when he's preparing it. Even though I expect it, I still shit myself haha (honestly, there is nothing scarier than a pale, bald, headless turkey flapping towards you!).
We get woken up by my Mam with Christmas songs blaring loud, usually Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas". Then my Dad wont get out of bed until me and my brothers have sung him a Christmas carol. When we were younger, we'd rush our way through "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" or "Jingle Bells" so that we could open our presents, but now we enjoy making a little show of ourselves. Last year we sang Band Aid, with different voices and personas, and this year we have been practising a song called "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer". It's hilarious! It's going to be a lot of fun as we'll all be dressed up in our Christmas costumes too, and the irony is my Dad is dressing up as a reindeer!
This time last year we were at my Grandparents house with the entire family - cousins, aunties, uncles, the lot. If I had known then that it would be my last Christmas with my wonderful Grampa... well, I don't know what I'd do differently, but I've been remembering him and last Christmas lots today. He was happy and smiling and the life of the party, and is the perfect way to remember him :)
Apart from missing my Grampa, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Spending time with my wonderful family, hopefully eating delicious food, and just having good, silly fun. There's nothing better :)

On Boxing Day we are celebrating Christmas Day 2 with Mr Lollipop's family. They live over an hour away, so it's easier if we celebrate Christmas with them on Boxing Day. It's my baby neice's first Christmas too, so that's exciting. More yummy food, more good company, and more fun and laughter. Can't complain really!
I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas with the people you love most, and I hope Santa's good to you all! :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! xx
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger