tattoos

Thursday, December 24, 2009

" CHRISTMAS TIME'S A COME' N "

Well it's finally Christmas Eve!! I hope each and every one of you who visit or follow this blog know that from the very bottom of my heart, I wish you a joyous, peaceful Christmas wherever you are and however you are spending this blessed day! I would have loved to have everyone of you right here at Swiftwater to celebrate with us!! No, this picture is not our home, sadly. This is a print by Artist Jesse Barnes released in 1983 titled " The Night Before Christmas ". I have a feeling that our dear friend Vicki Lane is looking at much the same scenery as her home was devoured by last weekends NC snow storm and she only got power yesterday!



I've been a really busy, busy woman these past few weeks. However I have the worst behind me and I'm excited and looking forward to tonight and tomorrow having family for Christmas Dinner!! I dressed up my little cabin Hubby made me a little more.




All the presents are wrapped and some have been shipped or delivered!





I have been decorating some more adding and moving things around........





A better pic of the mantle with the unlit decorations.........






I received my other houses to add to my Dickens Village......








I switched out the "dry" greenery for "fresh" yesterday.............









Couldn't find Angel Hair but did put a cotton skirt under the manger scene with fresh greenery










Hung the Christmas Cards all around the entertainment center..........











The Ham is thawing out...........













This morning I baked the sweet potatoes that will go in my casserole.........
I also made my homemade cranberry sauce and boiled 18 eggs and made deviled eggs!
Hey! We get 7 eggs a day now! YEAH!












I also cooked 2 black iron skillets of cornbread for my dressing.........














I can't even tell you how many different kinds of cookies and candy I made over the last two weeks! I shipped boxes to friends and family. I delivered boxes to friends and family. My mail carrier (Hubby calls her the book mobile) got one as she has been over loaded from me doing every single bit of my shopping online and most of it being shipped Priority Mail! What's left and there's plenty, is in Christmas Cookie Jars and Tins on the kitchen table waiting to be devoured tonight and tomorrow............
















I even made a Christmas Tree out of my chandelier.......HA!















I did a small amount of decorating in the dining room.......


















A Christmas Angel to watch over us.............


















Winnie The Poo will be watching too...........



















The table is all set with my Christmas dishes.............



















We are having ...........
Ham, dressing with ham gravy and cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole,
english pea salad, deviled eggs, rolls and sweet tea.............





















Last but most important, may we all remember that Christmas is not about the gifts and food, those are just our own traditions to celebrate the "REAL " reason for this beloved season! The birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ !!! Bless You All !






















I'm going to do my VERY BEST to visit with all of you this weekend!! XOXOXO






















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger