tattoos

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Spurs game: the gift of VIP

A friend of mine, James Seales, gave me his pair tickets - over $275 a piece - to enjoy the Spurs-Minnesota game last night.

Megan, who knew James from middle school, joined me on the third row.

James posted the offer on facebook that morning, and about ten minutes after I responded, he text-messaged me: "hey, when is the last time you went to a Spurs game?"

He said he had not seen my reply on facebook.

"I was going through my phone list," he told Megan and me, "and I came down to Tyler Cleveland and remembered all the times in Mrs. Wampler's class (freshman year) where you would yell "Ginnooooobili,"" referring to the times I shot paper balls into the trashcan.

It was a perfect night for Ginobili, who came one rebound away from his first triple-double. He came out of the huddle jumping and passing like a globetrotter, obviously feeling good after a recent undefeated roadtrip.

The night was an unforgettable and once-in-a-lifetime experience, but I can't wait to be awarded the best seats in the house one day: sitting indian-style on the baseline with a media badge that says "San Antonio Express-News," hopefully before Manu Ginobili retires!

Shot with my sister's Canon Elf 10mp:

Manu signs autographs. I was about a minute too late.


Bill Land and Sean Elliott for FSN Southwest.

Manu laughs with Dejaun Blair before the game.

Warm-up defense by Manu for Tim Duncan.

Tony Parker

Matt Bonner (left) has a fractured right hand. Michael Finley has a sprained ankle.

Former Ranger photographer Kin Man Hui shoots for the San Antonio Express-News.

Food served in the VIP section

A fan waves a pair of shorts featuring the colors of Manu Ginobili's native country of Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger