tattoos

Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 2010 favourites

Hello cupcakes - hope you are all okay. September seems to have whizzed past in a blur really. It hasn't been a good month, which I won't bore or depress you with, but let's just say I'm glad to see the back of it! I'm looking forward to what the rest of 2010 holds, and dare I say the C-Word? I'm super excited for it! Christmas is my favourite time of the year and from October onwards I'm like a child, and get all excited during the build up to it. Anyway, back to the task at hand, some products that I have enjoyed using during September:


Lush Happy Blooming Bath Melt
I bought my first ever one of these at the beginning of the month and have gone through several more since. It smells beautiful, like sweet cherries, and it makes my skin feel lovely and soft. When I was buying my latest one, the Lush assistant said she uses this a lot and her favourite way to use it is to rub it onto her damp skin before stepping into the bath. I was a bit dubious about trying that method as I once got stained by a pink bath ballistic, but I tried it anyway and she was right - that is the best wat to use it! I dampen it and rub it all over, then sink into a lovely hot bath and watch it all melt away. The pink doesn't stain and my skin feels extra soft afterwards - far more soft than using the melt in the traditional way. This is a firm Lush favourite ever.


Urban Decay Naked Palette
This one had to feature this month. You've all seen it by now so I won't go into too much detail about it. I have used it every single day since I've had it and I am still not bored of it. Everyday I have a new favourite shade, but my most used are definitely Naked, Buck and Toasted. Oh so pretty.


Good Things Dream Cream Night Cream
I reviewed this here. My oh my, this is a gorgeous cream. I love how my skin looks and feels since I've been using this, and I haven't needed as much foundation during the day either. Even the cold weather can't make my skin dry out, and I think it's because this cream nourishes so intensely. I also like to use this as a hydrating mask. I spread a thick layer over my skin and leave it to sink in for about 10-15 minutes, then wipe away the excess with a cotton pad. I love, love, love it.


MAC Stereo Rose MSF
Now, I'm not going to lie, I only bought this because of the hype. When I got it, I thought it was pretty, but I hardly used it. In an attempt to use some of my unloved things, I started wearing it on it's own as a blush, and I have fallen in love. It gives me just the right amount of peachy-coral flush, with a lovely shimmery glow. It's been a lovely contrast to the smokey eyes I've been creating with my Naked palette.


Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protectant
I'm not usually fussy when it comes to heat protectants for my hair. Don't get me wrong, I use them all the time, but I'm not fussy over brand as I think they do the same thing. My hair has been looking healthier since I've been using this one though, and I don't know whether it's a coincidence, whether it's the combination of hydrating products I've been using, or whether this has been protecting against heat better than the others. It smells lovely, has lasted me ages considering how long and thick my hair is, and only cost about £4, so is definitely my favourite heat protectant by far.


Dior Airflash Foundation
This foundation has a bit of history in my family. My cousin got married 2 years ago, and her skin looked amazing. We later found out that this is the foundation she used, and no word of a lie, every female in my family has used this foundation at some point since. Slowly but surely, we've all bought a can of it, and I can see the attraction. It's a spray foundation but isn't as messy as you'd think. The one I've got is slightly too dark for me now the sun has gone away, so I was sharing my Granny's whilst she stayed with us. It doesn't cake, looks healthy and dewy all day, and I didn't need to set it with a powder afterwards either. I don't tend to have trouble with my blush lasting, but it seemed to last a lot longer when I was wearing this foundation. I'm reluctant to use it everyday since it cost £32, but I couldn't help myself this month and used it a LOT!


The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson
This book has gripped me. I've ben enthralled since the first page and it has evoked so many emotions in me. I love Dorothy Koomson books anyway, as her stories are always well written and thought provoking, and this one is no exception. Don't be fooled by the cutesy cover - she tackles really sensitive issues, like sexual abuse, rape and murder, and I couldn't put it down. One of my favourite books of the year!


What have you been loving this month?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger