tattoos

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Goodbye Mitzi

Here is little Mitzi.


My Mitzi-Moo. Mitzi-kins. She went to Doggie Heaven yesterday, at the grand old age of 22.

She lived a long and hopefully happy life - but she wasn't herself at the end. Since we lost Ivor last year her health has deteriorated and I really think it's because she was heartbroken - they properly loved each other. In the end she didn't know where she was and would just wander around, and around. She was blind in one eye and would struggle for the loo. We'd often get woken up at 3am to her howling because she was stuck in a corner somewhere and couldn't go backwards to get out. I'm so glad she is at peace now, but I'm still devastated. She was adorable. Sorry some of the following pictures are a bit blurry - they're mobile phone ones from back in the day when technology wasn't as advanced as it is now.






She was the Queen Bee of the household. She ruled us! She knew exactly how to wrap us around her little finger paw. I bet her and Ivor are having a great reunion right now, with lots of kisses and cwtches. That's the only thing comforting me at the moment. I've said it before and I'll say it again - they're not just pets. For almost 22 years she has been a part of my life. I'm only 26, so I only have a handful of memories of my childhood that doesn't include her. I'm getting teary again now so I'll leave it there, but I wanted to show you my beautiful and brave little doggy, who I will never forget.


R.I.P Mitzi - I love you millions and hope you and Ivor are happy up there.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger