tattoos

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sleek MakeUP Shimmer Blush

Hands up, who loves pretty, shimmery cheeks? Yeah, both my hands are up. I adore them! Even when I don't use a shimmery blush, I use a shimmery highlighter. I love the definition and glow it adds, and it makes my skin look so healthy. I had a lovely little parcel waiting on my doorstep on Friday morning - 3 new blushes from Sleek MakeUP, all of which are infused with gold shimmer.


Now, when something advertises itself as shimmery, I immediately think of chunky glitter. There's no chunky glitter here though, just really fine and subtle shimmer. Tres pretty! I have been super impressed with the latest releases from Sleek MakeUP, so I couldn't wait to get home from work and have a little play.



Pomegranate - described as a shimmery blush with burgundy undertones. This is a stunning colour - a lovely deep raspberry with pink and gold reflects, so it gives cheeks the just-in-from-the-cold flush - perfect for the Autumn season. This one is going to get a lot of love in the upcoming months, but use it sparingly because you need a tiny amount to get the intensity of how it looks in the pan. This one is the least golden of the three. The pink shimmer is more evident here, but on the cheek it just gives a nice, bright flush and makes you look really awake and girly. This is a fab blush if you are going for a doll-like look.



Rose Gold - described as a shimmery blush with pink undertones. This is a really pretty pinky-peach colour, and although I don't have it to compare, I imagine it to be like NARS Orgasm. It has the most gold shimmer out of the three, and it does cling to any dry patches so I wouldn't recommend this if you have overly dry skin. It's a fab universal, everyday shade though, and I think this would look lovely over a dewy, cream blush with the same peachy-gold tones. You don't have to think too much with this colour. I wore it yesterday and loved how it looked.



Sunrise - described as a shimmery blush with brown/red undertones. I was a little bit scared of this one when I first saw it. It's a lovely bronzed colour, but it looks super duper dark It has red/brown/plum undertones and looks almost like a bronzer in the pan, and to be honest, I almost dismissed it as a blush for darker skinned ladies. It's turned out to be my favourite of the three though and I'm wearing it today. It gives my cheeks some warmth and the gold gives it a bit of a glow. It looks really natural because it's not a bright colour, and can be built up beautifully until you get the intensity you desire. My new favourite blush, without a doubt.



The blushes are released on the 29th September in selected Superdrug stores, and are priced at £3.99 each. No, I didn't mis-type the price, they really are £3.99 each! That is an absolute bargain in my opinion, and I'd have no qualms about treating myself to all three. I love the packaging, I think it's so sleek and cute with a handy mirror in the lid. It seems quite small in my hand but you do actually get a lot of product crammed in there (8g). I absolutely love these blushes. I am ghostly pale at the moment and all three look quite pretty on my cheeks, so don't be alarmed by how bright or dark they look in the packaging. They have a permanent range available here too, which I'm definitely going to check out the next time I'm in Cardiff.

Which ones take your fancy?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger