tattoos

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 2010 favourites

I say it every month but this month has flown by. I think having a hectic week last week helped in that department! We had a very busy week in London and then we spent the weekend in Cardiff with my sister-in-law, to try and drum up some votes to help her win a radio competition to have her dream wedding. She made it to the final five over hundreds of other applicants, but unfortunately, she didn't make it to the final two. The two lucky brides who got the most votes spent all day yesterday trying to get as far away from Cardiff as they could on £10! I'm yet to find out who won eventually but my sister-in-law is absolutely over the moon with her runner-up prize - she got some tickets for the Mamma Mia show in Cardiff and the radio station is paying for her hen night, so she's happy! Thank you so much to everyone who voted for her. Apparently the votes were really close, and it is disappointing to fall at the last hurdle but she did a brilliant job to get that far. They're still getting married next year and that's the main thing.

Anyway, here are my favourite products for June:



ELF Powder Brush
I won this in a blog giveaway a little while back and have used it everyday since I received it. It is the softest brush I have ever felt and it hasn't shed at all, even when I'm washing it. Because I won it, I'm not sure how much it cost, but I'm almost sure that since it's from ELF it's pretty inexpensive. I love it though and will definitely be looking into more of their brushes.



MAC Cream Colour Bases - Crushed Bougainvillea and Pearl
Crushed Bougainvillea was a limited edition with MAC's Emanuel Ungaro collection a few years ago so it is unavailable now, but it is a hot, deep, berry pink. There are similar colours available at MAC Pro, I'm sure, and although it looks scary in the pan, it can be applied with a light hand to just add a glowing, pink flush. So pretty.
I'm sure you all know by now that Pearl makes a stunning highlighter, particularly when I'm trying to avoid an overload of powder products. I like to use this to help blend out the edges of Crushed Bougainvillea too, and haven't worn one without the other this month.



MAC Blush - Blushbaby
This is the blush I've been choosing to put on top of my Crushed Bougainvillea/Pearl combo. It looks really plain and boring in the pan, and admittedly, it's not the most eyecatching, but this is a lovely, neutral dusky rose that I'm certain would suit everyone. It goes with everything, and the CCB's underneath add a new dimension to it. It's a super duper pretty combination.



Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss - Electrify
I'm normally a lippie girl but I've really been enjoying glosses this month, and I've been favouring this super pretty, baby pink lipgloss that smells and tastes like sherbert by Illamasqua. It's yum! Because it's a sheer gloss, it goes with dramatic eyes just as well as it goes with neutral eyes, so it's great for a multitude of looks.



Urban Decay Liquid Eyeliner - Minx
My eye make up has been so simple this month - a wash of MAC's Brule over the entire lid and brow bone, some Benefit Hoola bronzer in the crease, and a thick, flicky line of this eyeliner by Urban Decay. It's a gorgeous, deep turquoise/teal colour, and I'm finding it's the perfect colour to brighten up my look now that my hair is darker.



Lush Massage Bar - Mange Too
My skin is quite dehydrated, even in the Summer, and to moisturise my skin well enough for fake tan application I've been using this Mange Too massage bar. I've been a fan of the massage bars for quite some time and have to use one almost everyday in the Winter. However, because it's so hot and stuffy now, I limit my use to one or two nights a week, but that is plenty to give my skin the hydration it desperately needs. This one is lovely because it's a minty, white chocolate, honeyed banana bar of yumminess. The only thing is I want to eat it whenever I use it haha.


What have you been enjoying this month?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger