tattoos

Sunday, June 27, 2010

LDN

I am absolutely exhausted. Mr Lollipop turned 30 last Sunday and my gift to him was a few days in London, just to have a little time to ourselves. I really, really love London. I love the hustle and bustle of it all, and of course, I love the shops!

Our first London trip was in March and we just fell in love with the place. One thing we didn't want to relive this time was the amount of walking we did. We literally walked everywhere last time, which wasn't very good for my poor little tootsies at all! I had blisters on my blisters and I was in agony, so we decided to make more use of the tube this time. Best idea we ever had! We arrived at 2pm on Monday and by 3pm we had checked into our hotel, freshened up from our long train journey and was hitting up the Selfridges food hall for some yummy cupcakes from Lola's! Nom nom nom...


Then we did a bit of window shopping before stopping for something to eat in the Ultimate Burger. It was delicious and their vanilla milkshake is the best I've tasted. Nom nom nom...


Then we hopped onto the Tube down to Leicester Square, and after a good nose around we went to TKTS to see what show tickets were available. We really wanted to see The Lion King but there weren't any tickets, so we decided to see Chicago because a) I love the film version and b) Mr Lollipop was familiar with it because I've played the DVD so much! The billboards for the musicals are so pretty - just a load of light reflecting squares so it's all blingy and shimmering in the sunshine.


We managed to snag some pretty decents seats too. We were sitting in the stalls, which are the best seats, and were about halfway back so had a fantastic view. There's a little pub opposite the theatre so we had a little drinkypoos and sat in the sunshine on the Seven Dials sundial pillar. It was a lovely, relaxing thing to do before the show and was a great performance too. Oh, before we went t'pub, we had a little cheeky cupcake in Candy Cakes. Nom nom nom...


I guess you can say this London trip was centred around food and drink... and I can't even deny it! We even had pizza and ice cream in Harrods. Mine is on the left - a 'Harrod's Special' which had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice creams, whipped cream, chocolte covered strawberries and bananas, a chocolate curl, a wafer, choclate sauce, a little tub of melted chocolate and hazlenuts, topped off with pretty decorative things like a monkey and fruit. Mr Lollipop had a 'Banana Royale', which is essentially a banana split. It had chopped banana, vanilla and caramel ice creams, whipped cream, a flake, two wafers, and a cherry on top!  Oh, and a little jug of butterscotch sauce. Nom nom nom...


I couldn't finish my ice cream - no joke, it was HUGE! The size of my spoon compared to Mr Lollipop's spoon should give a slight indication of the size of my ice cream haha.


We went to the National History Museum, which was a bit boring truth be told, but it was Mr Lollipop's birthday so Mr Lollipop decided what we did. He enjoyed it and I'm sure children would love it, I'm just bored by dinosaurs and the like. We went on the London Eye again, but this time we did the 4D experience, which I would thoroughly recommend to everyone. You just watch a short film with very attractive 3D glasses, and you feel things like bubbles and snow as it changes on the screen. The only thing I didn't like was how realistic the birds were. I hate birds!


We went to Madame Tussauds again too. I went with my husband-to-be... that's the one in red, not green...


 ...and bumped into my 'other' husband-to-be...


...and there was a massive queue for Robert Pattinson! I felt a bit silly queuing amongst the giddy teenagers, but I wasn't going to go to Madame Tussauds and not have my picture taken with him! We also saw lots of Super Heroes and again, a 4D experience. We absolutely loved it and it made the price ticket so much more worth it. I'm not sure how long the Super Heroes thing was running for, but if it's still there now you should definitely check it out!


We went to Portobello Road, Covent Garden and Camden Market, all of which we loved. Portobello Road is probably the prettiest street in London. It has pretty coloured buildings with roses spilling out from gardens and walls, with cute little shops. And of course we stopped for a cupcake! Because you haven't seen enough cupcakes, here is a Hummingbird Bakery one, because I love them lots:




We ended our trip by chilling out in Hyde Park for an hour or so before our train home. It was beautiful and I can't believe that something so blissfully serene (not to mention massive!) is in the middle of the chaos in London. It was just perfect sitting in the sunshine. 



Then, after a little bye-bye to Paddington Bear we were off home. Booooo!!


We had so much fun in London and I would absolutely love to live there. I just love the atmosphere and I'd go as far as to say I'm an Underground Guru now, although we used the tube so much my feet were black at the end of the day! London, I love you. Not too keen on the blisters I seem to get when I visit you though...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger