tattoos

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Out with the old...

For most of my 26 years, blonde hair is all I've known. I was born with the brightest of blonde hair, and when it started going darker aged 13, I hotfooted it into Superdrug for some light blonde dye. I can count on one hand the number of occasions I haven't been light blonde, but from the three, only one colour I actually liked, and that was dark blonde with light blonde slices. Wild child....

But, for a few months now I've been fed up of the blonde. Not so much the blonde per se, but more so the upkeep of it. Within a fortnight of colouring my hair the roots need a touch up. The time suggested in the kits is never long enough for it, and I often sit with dye on my hair for 90 minutes or more, which I'm sure you can imagine has dried my hair immensely. So I plucked up the courage to buy a darker hair dye. Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to...


Medium Ash Blonde. I'm so wild. This is the from Clairol Perfect 10 range, so I'm hoping it'll be kinder to my delicate hair.


My friend told me that it's the wrong time of year to go darker, which normally I'd agree with, but when you're desperate for a change, why should the time of year dictate it? Anyway, before:



Excuse the before pictures - I'd just come back from my run. And after:



I let it develop for 15 minutes, because I didn't realise how quickly 10 minutes would pass! I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. I need a bit of time to get used to it I think. My Mam said it's nice, which I suppose is better than her bursting into tears like the chestnut coloured bob escapade. She also said I look older, which isn't really the effect I was going for! In some lights it looks grey though. Eeek! I'm thinking of going a shade darker again, but gradual changes and all that. I still catch my reflection in the mirror and wonder who it is looking back at me. Mr Lollipop hasn't seen it yet, but I know he'll say the generic 'It's nice'.

I think I'll end up going back to light blonde again eventually, but how soon that is I'm not sure.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger