tattoos

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Purple challenge - a week of FOTD's

I've been browsing weheartit and tumblr for some inspiration, and lots of the prettiest pictures I've saved feature the colour purple. I take no credit for the following pretty pictures - I found them on the aforementioned websites :)





So, last week I decided to challenge myself to get over my fear of wearing colours, and I decided to wear purple make up. All week. I don't mean only purple, I just had to make sure I incorporated something purple into my look.

I don't have a lot of purple/plum/lilac/lavender make up items, but I did manage to find something purple everyday. Woohoo! Here is my week of looks, with the purple items highlighted in... erm... purple! In all pictures I used:
  • Revlon Colorstay Foundation, 150 Buff (normal/dry skin)
  • MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - NW15 / NC20
  • Collection 2000 Eyebrow Pencil - Blonde
  • Max Factor Masterpiece Waterproof Black Mascara
  • Benefit Bronzer - Hoola
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - By Candelight
  • UDPP
 
SUNDAY

I kick-started the challenge with a goldy-purpley smokey type of look, and I felt so pretty all day long. I loved it! It was also a rare occasion where I used black eyeliner and actually liked it! I often feel that black is too harsh against my skintone and eye colour, but it worked. This was my favourite look of the week by miles. I'm definitely going to wear this one more!

I used:
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow - Samba-dy Loves Me
MAC eyeshadows - Trax / Nocturnelle / Nanogold / Dazzlelight
Barry M Dazzle Dust - 3 Pink Gold
Sleek Sunset Palette - the goldy colour underneath the orange
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner - Lust
MAC Blush - Sunbasque
MAC Dazzleglass - Sugarrimmed


MONDAY
  
Monday is a work day, so I don't like to go too mad with my make-up. It's not that it's not allowed, I mean one of my colleagues goes all out bright colours... I just feel more professional with less in-your-face looks. These photos were taken at the end of the day, so the lighting is rubbish and you can't see the full look. It was quite pretty though.


I used:
MAC Eyeshadows - Blanc Type / Nocturnelle (as an eyeliner) / Retrospeck
Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Underground
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner - Lust
MAC Blush - Sunbasque 
MAC Lipstick - Lavender Whip


TUESDAY 

Another work day. I wasn't convinced about this look. The eyes were either too dark, or not dark enough. I can't make up my mind! Needed brightening up a little I think... This is the only awful picture I could get before my batteries died. Boo hiss to my camera!


I used:
MAC Eyeshadows - All That Glitters / Trax / Blanc Type
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner - 1999
MAC Blush - On A Mission
MAC Lipstick - Hue

WEDNESDAY

I wanted a little wash of colour today, so I used Lotusland over my lid. Before this challenge I relegated it to my 'hardly used' palette because it seemed a little bit too pinky for my liking, but I loved it today. The lipgloss was a clearish gloss, but it had a neon violet sheen to it. It's so hard to catch the violet sheen in pictures, so it just looks like a normal clear gloss. Strange but fab! I applied more mascara after the close up picture but my camera batteries had run out so I couldn't take anymore photos.


I used:
MAC Eyeshadows - Dazzlelight / All That Glitters / Lotusland
MAC Blush - Peachykeen
GOSH Cool Lip Jam - 100

 
THURSDAY

My day off day, so I went for something a little different. I quite like this one! Softwash Grey is my favourite MAC pigment ever. I love the purpley-silver sheen. I put it over a purple base to make it pop a bit more, and I looooove the end result - though Smoke & Diamonds looks a little green in the close up picture. Must be rubbish lighting because it looks fab and goldy/grey really!


I used:
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow - Skinny Jeans
MAC Eyeshadows - Smoke & Diamonds / Retrospeck / Dazzlelight
MAC Pigment - Softwash Grey
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner - Lust
 MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
MAC Blushes - Blushbaby / Peachykeen
 Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick - 605 Precious Beige
Benefit Lipgloss - Zone Out


FRIDAY 

Another work day. And I slept late. Boo. I id a super basic face with nothing but mascara on my eyes and foundation/concealer/bronzer. I did wear something purple though - I wore Barry M Lip Paint in 129 Palest Lavender. LOVE! The look wasn't worthy of pictures since it was so basic, which is good since I didn't have time to take any!


SATURDAY

No work today (wooo!) and I'm starting to get bored of purple. I'm definitely bored of subtle, so I was itching to do something more vibrant. My plans for the day were mow the lawn and walk the dog down the beach, so I did something fairly vibrant but still wearable. I was shocked actually at just how wearable it was!


I used:
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow - Flying Down To
Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Underground / Ransom
Sleek Sunset Palette - The lightest pink shade in the palette (underneath the blue)
MAC Eyeshadows - Blanc Type / Dazzlelight
MAC Pigment - Softwash Grey
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner - Lust
MAC Blush - Peachykeen
MAC Lipstick - Pure Rose
Benefit Lipgloss - Zone Out



Overall I really enjoyed this challenge, but I got a bit bored of it by the end - purely because I had a solid week of purple, rather than a purple day here or there. One of the very first eyeshadows I wore aged 13 was a purple one from Rimmel, called Heather. I think I just grew out of wearing purple, but after this week I've realised I should definitely wear it more. Colour can be totally wearable for work and things :) Let me know if you are going to embark on a challenge of your own!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger