tattoos

Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 2010 favourites

I'm so glad January is over. It is definitely the worst month of the year, with the weather, diet, lack of money and just general misery with the come-down from Christmas. It has flown by though - it seems like only yesterday it I was setting my 2010 resolutions! It's been quite an uneventful January - except for the snow of course - but we only had a day or two where it stuck in our area. Nothing ground to a halt, life carried on, and bread /potatoes/salt didn't sell out. Anyway, onto the favourites!

This month I've been loving:

Bio-Oil


I've been using this to hydrate my face, and to undo the damage that the Vichy skincare range did to my skin. It's really calmed my skin down and even dealt with the added dryness that occurs during Winter. I've used this for years but only really as a bath oil or massage oil, but I have really appreciated it as a facial treatment (a la Zoella) for the last few weeks.


John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation Smooting Creme


I did a full review of this here. I'll never straighten my hair without this again. If you want super-sleek hair, then this is your friend.

MAC 209 brush


Perfect eyeliner brush <3 I really struggle with gel eyeliners, but this brush makes it so much easier. I was using Benefit's Hard Angle brush before, but could never get a neat consistent line - nor could I flick it out. This brush has flexibility, and is not too thick so I can do the inner corner perfectly. It's love.


Lush lip balm - Let Them Eat Cake


I had this in one of my Christmas gift sets, and I have to be honest, I pulled a face when I first had a whiff of it. It's a very very strong rum, currant and toffee smell, obviously like some sort of cake. My brother was the same when he sniffed it - he says he was one more sniff away from passing out. Slightly OTT but it is definitely a smell that takes some getting used to. The lip balm itself though is beautiful. My lips feel really soft, and it feels lovely on my lips aswell - not greasy, just smooth.


Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner - Lust


I bought the VIP liner set back last year but never ever used this shade. I underwent a purple challenge recently and I absolutely fell in love with it. I think it looks gorgeous on my waterline and jazzes up a neutral eye without being in your face. So pretty.


Not so many this month. What have you been loving?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger