tattoos

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

" Walking In High Cotton "

Two very talented women authors I count as my friends have started off 2010 with a Bang! They are as we say in the South.......
" WALKING IN HIGH COTTON "














Let's start with Carolyn Haines whose "Bones " series is a favorite of mystery readers everywhere.

























Last year we celebrated Carolyn winning the 2009 Richard Wright Award for Literary Excellence at the Natchez Literary & Cinema Festival .......






On April 30, 2010 she will join the elite group of 12 other authors who have been the recipient of The Harper Lee Literary of Excellence Award at the Monroeville, Alabama Literary Festival!!! Can you say WOW? Carolyn says "To Kill A Mockingbird" was a very influential book in her life and she is a devout fan of Harper Lee. To win this award has to be " as good as it gets" for her! I'll guess that the mystery writer in her LOVES being the 13 th recipient !!!! Last year my buddy Rick Bragg won it! Besides her wonderful Bones series, she has written many great novels. These three are some of my favorites.............


















"Greedy Bones" is the latest release in the series with "Bone Appetit" coming soon !


Congratulations Carolyn, I'm so happy for you sweetie !!! I also want to tell you that Carolyn is a die hard advocate of Animal Rescue and practices what she preaches! Please visit this site and do all you can to help this wonderful organization of hers........ Good Fortune Farm Refuge










And then there's Kathryn ! Kathryn Stockett who humbly admits she never thought anyone would read her wonderful novel " THE HELP ". After being on The New York Times Bestseller list for 41 weeks( it debut at # 22 its first week out and has been in the top ten for 35 weeks)
it reached # 1 last week and has remained there this week!! I LOVE being able to tell her that I told her after reading the ARC that she had a # 1 Bestseller !!!













Many of you have taken my advice and read this book.........if you haven't you really are missing out on a wonderful read! IT IS MY FAVORITE BOOK of 2009 and will be @ the top of my list for ALL TIME FAVORITE reads!









I hope to have a Grand Tour of the GWTW Room for you this weekend! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger