tattoos

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Review : Lush Shower Emotibombs

I am a Lush junkie. I'm not ashamed to admit it - I love Lush! But in my 2+ years of Lush-loving, there are still some things I haven't tried - their hair range, their face creams, and until recently, their shower emotibombs.

I never considered buying any of the emotibombs before, because you need a shower to use one - and it's only recently I moved into a house with a shower. So... what are they? They're like a bath bomb but for your shower. You plonk one on the shower floor, and let it dissolve under the water. See, just like a bath bomb. The steam is supposed to make the scent rise up, and change your mood, depending on the scent obviously.

I had two in my Christmas gift sets - Up You Gets and Double Fast Luck.



Up You Gets smells lovely. Really citrussy and refreshing, and it's a scent that is supposed to wake you up. I absolutely loved the smell of this one. I'm a big fan of citrus scents and this is no exception. It didn't change my mood though. I was still a sour-faced miserable cow for most of the day. Blame the hormones peopple, blame the hormones.


Double Fast Luck smells kind of musky and spicy. I don't like it, but then I'm not a musk lover. It supposedly smells like their popular Karma range (I guess I won't be trying that in the near future either then!) and it left a dirty-pink ring around my shower. Yuck! That's Karma for you...


So, what did I think of these emotibombs? The truth? Absolutely POINTLESS! Yes, they dissolve under the water, and yes, the scent filled the steamy shower... but how many people do you know that has a shower and doesn't use a scented product - whether it be a shower gel, a soap, even a shampoo or conditioner? As soon as you use whatever you need to (in my case, Snow Fairy shower gel), you don't smell the emotibomb anymore because your new product takes over. Like I said, pointless. If you want a nice smelling dissolving thing, run a bath and chuck in a bath bomb.

They cost less than £2, but seriously, don't waste your moolah!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger