tattoos

Friday, January 29, 2010

NYX goodies

NYX isn't a brand that's readily available in the UK, though I know some girls have spotted it in their local TK Maxx. I'm not one of those girls, so I ordered from here and here. I ordered them yesterday morning and when I got home from work at 6 o'clock this evening, there were two little parcels sitting on my sofa. Now that is impressive. I paid for standard delivery too, which is supposed to take 2-5 days. Amazing delivery service I think you'll agree!

I bought:
  • Castle lipstick - a mauvey-lilac colour (I adore lilac lipstick!)
  • Summer Love lipstick - a nude - surprise surprise!
  • Strawberry Milk lipstick - a baby pink
  • Milk jumbo pencil - pure white
  • Iced Mocha jumbo pencil - a cool taupey-brown
  • French Fries jumbo pencil - a warm bronzey-brown


    And some swatches:



    I love the packaging of the lipsticks. I think it's really cute that you can see the colour of the lipstick through the base. It makes it quite handy for my storage too, since I like to store lipsticks base side up so I can read the colours. I haven't had a chance to try the lipsticks on my lips yet, but from swatching them on my hands they seem super creamy and quite opaque too. So far so good. They seemed a lot darker than what I was expecting, though that doesn't bother me because I love the colours anyway.

    The jumbo pencils are lovely too. I don't know how well they'll perfrom as a base, especially with creasing and things, but that can easily be sorted with an eye primer  like Urban Decay Primer Potion, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, or MAC's Prep and Prime. They seem to be creamy enough for eyeshadows to stick well to them, and pigmented enough to make an impact when worn alone.

    I'm really happy with my purchases so far. This little lot cost me about £18 without delivery charges, which I think is a bargain. I can't wait to use them properly! There were a few lipsticks and jumbo pencils that I loved the look of, but I didn't want to waste my money if they were crap, but I can't make that judgement until I have a little play around. What do you think of NYX products?

    xoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    blogger templates | Blogger