tattoos

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Review: Little Ticket

      
   




       When you glance upon Renee Sisterson's shop 'Little Ticket' you get a sense that you are stepping back in time. Gorgeous photos of her delicate creations are spread about the page-a scalloped collar, a pleated skirt, multi-colored buttons cascading delicately along the back of a dress. When asked about her inspirations Renee told Cherry Blossoms {The Blog} that "I am inspired by so much. The top of my inspiration list would have to include my family, vintage children's sewing patterns, vintage and modern textiles, beautiful photographs, Scandinavian design and thrift stores." Renee was kind enough to answer some additional questions I was itching to know the answers to....


Why and When did you start your Etsy shop? I began selling on Etsy in April of this year as a way to contribute financially to our household.

How did you come up with the name Little Ticket?
My husband's grandfather, who made a living as a dairy farmer in Wisconsin, would proudy say to his grandchildren, "you're my little ticket". I always thought this was so endearing and sweet.


How did you learn to sew?
My grandmother taught me to sew at a young age. I still remember my first project--a stuffed cat made from some leftover flannel that my grandmother had used to sew a nightgown for me. Although I no longer have the cat, I can still picture its every detail in my mind.

Whats your favorite item from your shop?
This is a hard one. Right now I'm really loving my Ingrid Dress.


What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sew! And play board games, read to my children, write letters and work in my little garden.


Your Favorite Movie?
Braveheart


Favorite Dessert?
Bread Pudding


Cupcakes or Brownies?
Cupcakes--no contest.




Favorite Holiday?
Christmas


Do you have a Favorite Etsy Shop? {other than your own?}
Oh my, this is another hard one. There are so many lovely shops, but I REALLY adore sohomode. She has the most wonderful dresses made up in charming vintage fabric.

If you could have a shopping spree to any store which would it be {online or off}?
Garnet Hill or Orla Kiely

My Review
   I was sent an Eleanor Party Dress from Little Ticket to review. Renee asked me to send my daughters measurements to her so that she could make my daughter a custom Eleanor Party dress. The Eleanor Party dress is described by Renee as ''a charming dress sewn with a vintage pattern from the 1950s. Featuring a full gathered skirt, short sleeves and elasticized back waist, Eleanor is just begging to be shown off at a party, summer picnic or wedding! Wear with or without the sweet apron for two completely different, yet equally lovely looks. Back button closure." When I received my package from 'Little Ticket' I didn't want to touch it-the packaging was SO cute! Little handmade slips of paper (complete with a little ticket attached) gave directions on how to care for your purchase-and the dress itself was wrapped in gorgeous gingham fabric. The detail and craftsmanship of the Eleanor Party Dress is exquisite. The fabric is vibrant and eye catching and the detachable apron just adds to the vintage feel. One of wonderful things about this dress is how versatile it can be. My daughter has worn it to preschool-with leggings underneath and a sweater (see photo-this was taken early in the morning so my daughter is stretching!), church, and to the library. She loves to pretend that she is a baker when wearing her little apron-it is so fun to see her using her imagination! 


Any item in Little Ticket's shop would make a perfect gift...the love that goes into creating each piece is apparent. It takes approximately three weeks production time for made-to-order items so get those Holiday orders in ASAP! 


Oh! Don't forget that Little Ticket is offering 'Free Shipping' on all Holiday purchases! 
Just enter code: YEAHFREESHIPPING at checkout!


As an Etsy seller myself I know how much time, effort, and love is put into each handmade item. Many thanks to Renee at Little Ticket for letting me review the Eleanor Party Dress and letting me share your gorgeous handmade creations on Cherry Blossoms {The Blog}!



Little Ticket did send me a product  free of charge.
This in no way has affected my opinion of the product or service. 
This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger