tattoos

Monday, November 21, 2011

Review: Disney Home Entertainment: Winnie the Pooh


Take a trip down memory lane AND the hundred acre wood with the brand new release of
Disney's Winnie the Pooh now available on Blu-ray and DVD!
     
    Growing up I remember planting myself firmly in front of the t.v. to watch Winnie the Pooh on the Disney Channel with my sister. We loved the characters-their unique personalities-and their kind hearts made for a uncommon bond between animals. People the world over know of Winnie the Pooh and his ongoing quest for more honey...in fact Winnie the Pooh books and videos have been translated into over 29 languages!
  When I found out that Disney was to release a brand new Winnie the Pooh movie I was very excited. I was thrilled to be able to introduce my own daughter to the fun loving characters and heartfelt lessons that have become a staple in all Pooh books and films.


A bit about Winnie the Pooh
   Winnie the Pooh was brought to life in the London Evening News on Christmas Eve of 1925. AA Milne wrote Winnie the Pooh-as it was based on a bedtime story he read to his son, Christopher Robin. The first Winnie the Pooh book simply named Winnie the Pooh, was published in October of 1926. In 1927 the next book Now We Are Six was published followed by House at Pooh Corner in 1928.
  The characters in Winnie the Pooh are based on stuffed animals that were owned by AA Milne's son, Christopher Robin. In fact, Eeyore was a Christmas present and over time the stuffed animal's neck had lost its shape which made the animals body take on a morose appearance-which inspired AA Milne's always melancholy Eeyore.


My Review
   I was sent the brand new 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie from Disney Home Entertainment to review. The same lineup of classic characters from Winnie the Pooh books and movies are all still present; Owl, Eeyore, Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit, Kanga, and Roo. The story uses a chapter format-much like the old-"Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh". The movie focuses along three major plot lines-Eeyore loosing his tail (once again), rescuing Christopher Robin from the Backson-a terrible creature, and Winnie the Pooh getting some honey. As far as the characters go....Piglet stands steadfast by Pooh through all the drama-as he always has done, Rabbit is frustrated-and because of this gets lots of laughs. Owl and his decadent wisdom also gets many laughs and great punchlines as well. Kanga and Roo though present are more of a sideline story....entering here and there. Eeyore is of course gloomy but still so endearing oh and of course you will hear him utter his famous phrase 'thanks for noticing me' and Pooh is still the loveable sweet down to earth Pooh. 


I loved the humor in this movie...even the narrator gets a few moments to banter the characters here and there-which is fun. The musical numbers are catchy and I was just as entertained as my five year old daughter was. My only complaint would have to be that the movie is a bit short. Running at about 45 minutes I wish the movie was a bit longer but that is honestly my only complaint-I mean you can never have enough Winnie the Pooh!


I was sent this product free of charge.
This in no way has affected my opinion of the product or service. This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger