tattoos

Saturday, November 5, 2011

First Liverpool Artiste With US Hit Before Beatles

The interview with Russ Hamilton by Dr Lee Yan San was in 1999:
"Russ was the first Liverpool artist to have a big hit in the US before the Beatles. His song Rainbow reached number 3 in the US chart. He also had a big hit We Will Make Love in UK and Asia and was very popular in Malaysia, Singapore and other parts of Asia.
RTM Radio 4:
He was my favourite singer especially during my high school days and I have all his records. His music is still being sought after in Malaysia. On my own initiative, I did the interview with him for RTM Radio 4's very popular regular Sunday night programme produced by a very well known D.J. Reezal who introduced me to his listeners. Russ Hamilton became a close friend of mine and had since passed on. This is a tribute to my friend." Watch the videos on right bar>
.
Article and image from: You Tube.
Original article by Lee Yan San who hails from Penang, Malaysia.
You can read about them by clicking on Labels below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger