tattoos

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Things I learned through August 2011

Goodbye August, and goodbye Summer. Not that we even had one. Sigh. Still, it's my favourite season now - Autumn! Woohoo. Let the fun times begin :)


Here is what I learned through August:

1. I actually do like quorn, just not the quorn 'meatballs'.

2. There is more drama when I work with men compared to when I work with women.

3. Women make better bosses.

4. I do care what people think of me. A little too much maybe.


5. Primark socks are thin enough to be tights. But they're pretty so I can live with that.

6. Autocorrect thinks my Gran is called Tits. She's not. She's Rita.

7. Tits has become the new nickname for my Gran.

8. And she doesn't mind.

9. Putting jeans on straight from the tumble dryer (without giving them time to cool) is painful, because they have those little metal studs don't they? Ouch. Hot metal on skin is painful.

10. Making that mistake once is forgivable, but doing it again means I'm thick as shit, surely?

11. Alternatives to cow's milk are tastier than the real thing. Loving Rice Dream (chocolate and vanilla flavours) and Kara Dairy Free Coconut Milk at the moment. Yum.

12. I've got a crush on One Direction.


13. I shouldn't have a crush on One Direction.

14. My supervisor is leaving. It's only 'temporary' but people who leave never come back. I'm gutted for so many reasons - I get on with her brilliantly, she fights our corner and is fair on us all, and worse, her jobs and duties will fall to me. It's gonna be hell.

15. iPhones do not like buckets of water.

16. To dry out a wet iPhone, you should put it in a tub of rice, and stick it in the airing cupboard.

17. Even when it's dry, your iPhone won't be the same. The sound doesn't work on mine unless I have my earphones in.

18. The new X Factor judges are actually quite good. Me likey. Be better with Simon instead of Louis though.


19. I need a new hobby. Something creative I think.

20. The latest Pixiwoo 50's hair video is absolutely gorgeous, but doesn't really translate well into 'real life'.

21. 2kg is equal to 4.5lbs.

22. I need to trust my gut instincts more.

23. I want to change my hair.

24. Being vegetarian does not mean I have a free reign over chocolate. That's just as bad for me.


25. Eating excessive chocolate will result in gaining back 2lb out of the 4.5lb I lost :(

26. Some people need to learn to help themselves. Other people cannot physically do every-single-thing for you.

27. Time is a great healer, but it doesn't mean you forget.

28. Unless you experience something first hand, you will never truly understand it.

29. H&M do plus size clothes. Huh, I never knew.

30. How to crochet. Well, how to do a 'chain stitch'. My Mam and I are going to crochet some squares each then sew them together to make one big patchwork blanket :) Hopefully! We started on Monday and she's got one square completed, whereas I'm still learning how to do my first corner on the inside. Hmmph!


31. There is a fine line between being sarcastic/witty and being nasty.


What lessons did you learn this month? Hope you had fun learning them!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger