tattoos

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 2010 favourites

Hello! How was March for you? I loved March. It was my birthday on the 17th and I celebrated in London with Mr Lollipop - just incase I hadn't mentioned it yet haha. I didn't like the getting older part though :( Anyhoo, my March favourites mostly consists of lip products, but I could have featured a lot more as I've really enjoyed buying new colours and finding new combinations this month. I've tried to narrow it down to my absolute favourites though!


YSL Rouge Pur Lipstick - 148 Tea Rose
I am so in love with YSL lip products. If I win the lottery, I'm going to buy the entire range. They're just so stunning, and though I love my Rouge Volupte's dearly, I have been partial to this Rouge Pur since I bought it. It's a perfect, everyday peachy-nude colour, and it is really easy to apply so it's fab to just throw place inside your bag tenderly for touch-up's on the go. It smells and tastes delicious too, kind of a watermelony taste that is a trademark of YSL lipsticks.



MAC Lipstick - Viva Glam Gaga
I know, you've all seen it a billion times splashed across the blogs, but I adore it. It's particularly fab for spring as it's such a bright, playful pink. It cheers me up when I wear this. How can you be grumpy when you've got bright pink, bubblegum lips? The formula of this just feels so much silkier than my other lustres, it just feels beautiful. I'm a pale-skinned brightlipstickophobic, and if I can carry this off, anyone can!



Bourjois Effet 3D Lipgloss - 33 Brun Poetic
This is a really pretty, not-too-shimmery, nude coloured lipgloss. Though it's not opaque enough to give me a true full-on nude lip when I wear it alone, it certainly is pigmented enough to tone down my natural lip colour and give me a slight nude lip. How many times can I say nude? I love it teamed with NYX Round Lipstick in Summer Love. It smells and tastes of sherbert too, something I didn't realise when I bought it as I had a cold.



MAC Cream Colour Base - Pearl
This could easily have been thrown into my 'Overhyped Products' pile when I first got it, but I can't live without it now. I've changed elements of my skincare and foundation routines, so whereas it used to cling to dry patches or cake up my foundation before, it doesn't do it anymore and it highlights my skin perfectly. I'm not sure whether it'd be too pale and frosty for dark-skinned ladies, but it's perfect on my NC15-20 skin.



MAC Pigment - Chartreuse
I've really been embracing pastels for Spring, and this is my eyeshadow of choice. It requires very little work, which is great for the mornings. I just pat it all over my lid (not going beyond the crease) with something like a synthetic Benefit Talent brush, and blend the edges with a MAC 224, and that's it. The reason I love this colour so much is that it is definitely a pretty pastel green, but it has a gold tone to it. Throughout the day I find that it sort of changes into a really pretty goldy-green. A vivid green eyeliner on the waterline and this on my lid has been a staple look for me over the past few days, and I love it because it bring colour to my look without being too in-your-face. I may do a FOTD with this soon, just so you can see how pretty it is.



L'Oreal Perfect Clean Cleanser & Scrubby
I'm not go into too much detail about this product as I have a review coming up shortly, but this little scrubby pad thing is absolutely amazing. You know how you can get those toothbrushes that have a rubber, scrubby tongue cleaner on the back of the head? Well this pad is kind of made out of that, but it doesn't feel harsh on my skin at all. I have to admit, I'm not 100% sure I'd love this product as much if it didn't have the pad with it.



Lush Shower Gel - Rub Rub Rub
This is a really refreshing, citrussy shower gel, and I've been loving it in the mornings to really wake me up. It's not a great exfoliator, but a squeeze of this on a shower puff leaves me feeling and smelling fresh all day. Perfect for Spring, and especially so now that I'm bored of Snow Fairy!

What have you loved using during March?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger