tattoos

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanks Daddy!

Hello my lovelies! Today is the last day of my lovely week off, and I finally have some time to blog! I thought I'd be blogging more this week to be honest, but all we've done is shop and eat, and we squeezed in a visit to the cinema to watch New Moon at last!
As you may know, I have been on a spending ban until all of our Christmas presents are bought (halfway there!). However, on Wednesday my Dad decided to give me a little treat as he's had 2 quarters worth of bonus this month, so of course I chose some make up! If you see my Mam, don't tell her... it's our little secret ;)
I was like a child in a sweet shop - honestly I was so excited! It feels like forever since I've bought something, and what made it better was I wasn't paying haha - here's the loot!
I got:
- MAC 217 brush (only my second MAC brush and I adore it already)
- Benefit Powderazzi blush/bronzer palette with Dallas, Hoola and Coralista
- YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick, number 2 which I believe is called Sensual Silk
- Sleek palette - Sunset
I adore everything I bought and it's only been a few days. Here are some obligatory swatches, but you've probably seen them before:
I forgot to swatch the Sunset palette, but there are some great swatches on the Tacky Blue Eyeshadow blog :) I'm going to do a few proper reviews on my new things soon, but so far I'm very impressed. Thanks Daddy! xx
I love Debenhams - the variety is fab and the service I've had on previous visits has been excellent. On Wednesday though, I felt like bitch-slapping someone - seriously! It was the Benefit lady. I'd like to think I'm a great customer. My job is customer based so I know that one snidey comment, or pissed-off look, or even full blown attack is horrible and can ruin your day, so I try to be as courteous as possible when shopping. If the sales assistant is busy, I don't huff and puff or tap my foot. I wait patiently for my turn and when they apologise I tell them not to worry. If they do something wrong, that's okay, they're human and we're all allowed to make mistakes. If I get undercharged, I own up. Yup, I'm weird like that haha. But like I said, I think I'm a great customer.
The Benefit Bitch tried to drag me from the Illamasqua counter to sit in her chair and get a makeover. That's not a bad thing I suppose, she's only doing her job, but I've been suckered in to that before, where I've ended up spending £104 on tat. I declined, FOUR TIMES before she took the hint. I asked her to show me the Christmas gift sets instead, and instead of trying to sell me a product, she just pointed to a stand and said, "They're over there". Okay...
I was purposely looking for the blush palette, but couldn't see it. I approached her again, and waited for her to stop telling her colleague about another colleague she was pissed off with before I asked her if she has any palettes in stock. She huffed then stomped over, saying "It's there, right in front of you". Ummm, no, where she was pointing was an empty space where it used to be. Then she asked me if it's for me or for a gift. Why that made any difference I don't know, but I told her it was for me. Then she said that if I wanted it, I'd have to go back in 20 minutes as she has to look for one and she had to have her break. I listened to her huffing, puffing, stomping and generally being narky, then I'd have to go back for a repeat performance? And all because I wouldn't let her put make up on me?! I told her don't bother I'll go to Boots. She really annoyed me. That's appalling customer service as far as I'm concerned, and if I was a mystery shopper I'd give her a big fat ZERO!
So, if you are going to Debenhams in Cardiff, avoid the Benefit counter - you have been warned! The ladies on the other counters are lovely though, especially the YSL one. I could have chatted to her all day!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger