tattoos

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Victoria Pasta Sauce Review

My Nanny and I




An Italian girl born and raised in New Jersey...that's me! My great grandparents came to America from Calabria, Italy and lets just say the rest is history. My earliest memories are of my grandmother making her homemade "gravy" {otherwise known as sauce}. There is nothing in this world that can top her gravy...but let me just say I have finally found a sauce that comes pretty darn close! 


A bit about Victoria
Since 1929 the Aquilina family has owned Victoria.  Beginning with Pelligrino Aquilina, Victoria began operating over 82 years ago. Throughout the years, subsequent generations have continued Pelligrino's vision, from his son Joseph to both of Joseph's sons. Along with leadership changes, new technologies, equipment and products lines have been incorporated and developed. While maintaining their traditions of hard work, quality and honesty, those at Victoria recognize the need to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to the changing tastes and habits of their customers. Victoria's main goal is to meet the needs of their customers in terms of both taste and convenience. Also, they believe they have maintained their stellar reputation in the industry due to the high regard and respect they have for their customers, employees, suppliers and retailers. That is a tradition which will never change.


My Review
  I received the following items from Victoria to review;Alfredo, Cacciatore, Vodka, Tomato Basil, Fradiavolo, Marinara, Francese, and Marsala Sauces. I also received Marinated Artichoke hearts, and Sun Dried Tomatoes. I will review each product one by one below...


 Alfredo Sauce
    This Alfredo Sauce is exactly what an traditional Italian Alfredo should be. Creamy, thick, and smooth. We ate the Alfredo sauce with shrimp, fresh basil, and parsley and my daughter who is very picky just LOVED it! 


Cacciatore Sauce
   Fresh bell peppers, onions, garlic, and tomatoes imported from Italy make up this delicious sauce. Growing up in an Italian household we ate Cacciatore frequently so I was impressed at how "close to home" this sauce tasted. The sauce was rich and flavorful. I served the Cacciatore Sauce over homemade noodles with chicken breasts.


Vodka Sauce
  I found out that Victoria was the first company to pack Vodka Sauce for consumer use...THANK YOU!   Vodka Sauce is always a big hit in our house especially since it is my husbands FAVORITE pasta sauce. When my husband tasted Victoria Vodka Sauce he was in heaven! Romano and Parmesan Cheeses mixed with Vodka make this sauce cheesy, creamy, and ultra satisfying!


Francese Sauce
   Lemon juice, butter, and white wine make up this buttery sauce. We had the Francese sauce with veal and it tasted just like the Francese my grandmother makes...she is the best cook in the world so that is really saying something!


Tomato Basil Sauce
   Fresh Basil and Italian Tomatoes are combined for an amazing "real" Italian sauce. This stuff is GOOD! This sauce was perfect over meatballs and sausage with a side of pasta. 


Marinara Sauce
   The all time Italian classic-this is Victoria's best seller! We had this pasta sauce with mozzarella sticks when we had company over. We were asked if we had made the sauce from scratch...oh how I loved that! I also loved that this sauce wasn't overly acidic...just authentic tasting Marinara...perfect!


Marsala Sauce
  Marsala is my ALL time favorite sauce. Mushrooms, Marsala Wine, Garlic...what's not to love? I added some fresh mushrooms to the sauce, along with breaded chicken breasts and pasta and served it with some garlic bread. I honestly couldn't believe the sauce came from a jar...it was extremely flavorful and fresh...and dare I say it...my favorite Marsala Sauce of all time!


Marinated Artichoke Hearts
   I used these Marinated Artichoke Hearts for an antipasto salad. Fresh and delicious...the marinade gave the artichokes the perfect amount of zip!


Sun Dried Tomatoes
Victoria's Sun Dried Tomatoes are imported from Italy and literally dried in the sun. The finest plump, red, pear-shaped plum tomatoes are dried for 5 to 7 days, then seasoned with the finest spices, flavored with pure red wine vinegar and packed in a combination of canola and pure olive oil. These tomatoes were a delicious topping to our panini sandwiches with prosciutto. A real taste of Italy! 


Delizioso!
Believe me you are going to want to try these products for yourself!
 To find your nearest retailer that sells Victoria products click here

The company did send me a product or service for review. This in no way has affected my opinion of the product or service. This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger