tattoos

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Did I ever tell you...

...About the odd yet utterly adorable experience I had in work recently? I always get complimented on my engagement ring at work - I think the lighting makes it sparkle more or something - but this one lovely little lady was really taken with it. My engagement ring wasn't made especially for me, and is not OTT bling, yet in the 8 years of having it I haven't seen anything like it. Sure, there's been elements of it on other rings, but nothing that made me say 'ooh, my engagement ring looks like that!' And I love that!


Anyway, this little lady was saying how gorgeous it is and we got chatting about my wedding and things. Well, I was complaining really about how we're struggling to find a lovely venue, and how I have big dreams with little money. The lady told me she had a small, intimate ceremony with just immediate family, and she loved every moment of it. She did everything herself with her Mam and Aunt, including all of the dresses, ("as that's the way it was back then") and it was perfect for them, as to her, marriage isn't about the big, flashy wedding day, but their lives after it. Wise words. Plus, she celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary on June 20th, which was not only Mr Lollipop's birthday, but my Grandparent's wedding anniversary too. She started saying how I just needed to be patient and she had a feeling everything would work out, with lots of good things heading my way... and she's never wrong about these things apparently (!).

Now, most people would've brushed off her comments saying she's a crazy old lady BUT as she was putting her stuff in her bag, she flashed me her engagement ring and it was practically identical! The wedding ring was so plain and simple next to it, that her ring just stood out in all it's beautiful glory. The only other woman on the planet who has an engagement ring remotely like mine, shares her anniversary with Mr L's birthday and my Grandparent's anniversary, has been happily married for 50 years and believes that we will have a long and happy life together. Tell me that isn't a sign or a good omen?!


My friends think I'm the crazy one for reading so much into it, but it's too much of a coincidence for me to disregard it. So, it got me excited for wedding planning again :) I might not be able to have the big glamourous wedding I'd like (as it will take another 8 years to save for it), but it's made me realise that it is just one day out of a lifetime together. Yes, we want it to be so much more amazing than any other day, shared with everyone we love, but there's nothing stopping me making it intimate, romantic, pretty and personal to us - and it will still be completely perfect. One problem - we still need to find a venue.

I feel like we have scoured the whole of South Wales with no joy. The places we've looked at have either been too shabby, too expensive, too formal, or just not practical for some of our guests, or the weather. We have just one venue left to look at which looks ideal on paper (to be fair, they all have) and we're viewing it at the end of July, where we will have a (hopefully) scrumptious meal and stay overnight in a (hopefully) lovely hotel room and sleep in a (hopefully) comfortable bed. The wedding planner will be (hopefully) friendly and professional, and (hopefully) welcome our ideas for an informal shindig, where we can (hopefully) stamp our personalities on the whole thing. Oh, and it won't cost the earth. Hopefully!


 Because if this venue doesn't work out, we'll have to extend our search beyond South Wales. Like... abroad? Sigh... dreams.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger