tattoos

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday

Hello chickpeas, Happy Wednesday :) It's time for my weekly installment of the yum-yums I've eaten. Don't forget to check out Jenn's blog for more people who take part :)



BREAKFAST - 8:00pm


This has been my breakfast of choice all week - mashed banana on toast with some peanut butter on top. It is sooo good! I seriously can't get enough of it and is just the right combination - savoury toast, topped with sweet, squidgy banana and gooey, sticky, crunchy peanut butter. Delish!


MID-MORNING SNACK - 11:00am


I had two sliced kiwi fruits. I love kiwi's, so I don't understand why I don't eat them more often. Must remember to buy more!


LUNCH - 2:00pm


Lunch was a great big salad. I had a beetroot salad mix, with cucumber, sugar snaps, tomatoes (yellow tomatoes are so superior to red ones), a yellow pepper, tiny pickled onions, a spoonful of coleslaw and some pink slamon flaked through. Ooh, there were some pine nuts too. Mmmm. really crunchy. I didn't add a dressing as there was enough flavour from the pickled onions and salmon. I followed it with two clementines and a cup of tea.



MID-AFTERNOON SNACK - 4:00pm


I've been having a bit of a self-pity-party over the last few days so 'treated' myself to a Milka bar with Daim. This is the first time I've had chocolate in about 3 weeks, and honestly? I haven't missed it! I didn't really enjoy eating this, which I'm quite impressed with considering I couldn't go a day without eating a bar of chocolate (or sometimes two!). I also had another cup of tea.


TEA - 7:00pm


Tonight I had sweet chilli chicken stir-fry. I marinated the chicken in a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce and a tablespoon of soy sauce before cooking it. I added a ton of vegetables to the wok - red pepper, more sugar snaps, mange tout, onions, tenderstem brocolli, baby sweetcorn, mushrooms and beansprouts. I also added some egg noodles, and stirred another tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce before serving. Really tasty and really filling too. I followed it with... you guessed it... banana and PB! Heavenly.



So, that's what I've eaten today. What are your favourite peanut butter combinations? I think with banana is definitely mine, but I also enjoy it with apple or dates.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger